New Laser

Oh man! That is some impressive gear. Hope you'll show us some examples of the work you do with it.

Hello Mike, Happy Belated Birthday. Sorry I did not realize it was your Birthday Day until late last night when I was looking over the SOS Form on my lap top. that I very seldom type on.
We Hope you had a great Day, that you got the biggest piece of cake, and also that you received all the new toys that you had hopped for and just maybe a fey more for good luck.
Nice looking Laser Machine that you have there, looks like there is no holding you back now, ENJOY.
Regards Lawrence

Hello boys!!! Here is an update on my new laser installation. Making slow progress. I got all the exhaust ducting between the laser and the blower connected. The blower is 1.5hp, 1300CFM. Next step will be to cut a 6" hole in the wall and duct to the outside. After that, I have to wire up two new 220V circuits with breakers and outlets. Getting there!!

IMG_0155.jpg

Hi Mike,
please let us know when you're available to do custom work for forum members. Thank you.

Hi Brian. I already do.. I just don't advertise or talk about it much. This is actually my second laser. I also have a 24x18", 60watt laser that has been running for about 3 years now. I do CNC work as well. My wife and I have a local "maker's" business .. I just do hobby stuff and model building on the side. Private message me for details.

Ok progress update. Today I got the 6" hole cut in the wall to accommodate the exhaust flapper and ducting. Have a friend coming over this weekend to help me fish the electrical wiring up to the attic over and down to my breaker panel. We will need two 220V circuits. One for the blower and one for the laser. Anticipation is growing!!!

IMG_0167.jpgIMG_0168.jpgIMG_0169.jpgIMG_0170.jpgIMG_0171.jpgIMG_0172.jpg

Back