New member from Northern Il

I would like to introduce myself. I am Geoff Matson and a retired Farrier/blacksmith. I have been working on Model shipways Constitution (for far too many years) and getting back to work on her. I have been building her with Bob Hunt's Practicum. Which I highly recommend. I am at the rigging point of the model. I made all my rigging lines with help of Jim Byrnes Ropewalk. At one point I was considering leaving it as an Admiralty Style Model. But, crazy me decided to fully rig her in a standing rigging phase. I plan on starting a log down the road. Thanks for accepting me and I look forward to posting ng and inter acting with fellow modelers.

IMG_0766.jpeg

Whoa! That's a nice looking build Geoff! If you don't mind sharing...where in northern Illinois? I'm from the northeast corner of the state myself...
Hello Paul, great to hear from you. I am just west of you in Harvard Illinois. I am fascinated with your Kingfisher build log. I also have the kit and yes I have had it for awhile. That is my next build once I finish this darn rigging on the Constitution. Nice to have another modeler close by. Happy modeling

Hello Paul, great to hear from you. I am just west of you in Harvard Illinois. I am fascinated with your Kingfisher build log. I also have the kit and yes I have had it for awhile. That is my next build once I finish this darn rigging on the Constitution. Nice to have another modeler close by. Happy modeling
Wow! Another LSS Kingfisher remains unbuilt? I only know of two others! With the skill you show on the Constitution I have every confidence you'll do the Kingfisher kit proud. Beware that the boxwood has dried out over the years and it is brittle...

Any chance you know my friend Dr. Joe Hagenbruch?

Wow! Another LSS Kingfisher remains unbuilt? I only know of two others! With the skill you show on the Constitution I have every confidence you'll do the Kingfisher kit proud. Beware that the boxwood has dried out over the years and it is brittle...

Any chance you know my friend Dr. Joe Hagenbruch?
I guess I am kind of like the boxwood myself. I promised myself not to do anything with it until I build my case for when I finish the finished Conny. I do not know Joe yet.

also from my side a warm WELCOME here on board of our forum
Great looking model - and many thanks for starting the log - will be very interesting

Back