Hello everyone I am new to model ship building. I found this looking for help on a model I received from Nature Coast Hobby Shop. I order the Constructo HMS BOUNTY @ 1:100 however they sent Mamoli mini @1:135. Yes they asked first but I asked if was similar type of beginner kit. This seems to me to be very small model for a very new beginner. The instructions are basically size of large map with spartan instructions and hand drawings. This is making extremely frustrating to a beginner like myself. I am thinking of making this a practice model since I have already made numerous errors. I am thinking of starting over with Occre Albatros 12500 1:100 or Constructo Albatros 1:55. I know the Occre kit is a beginner kit and have seen video of contents and seem instructions are much better than the kit I have now. Any advice on which kit or another kit for a noob like myself.
Thanks in advance for any input
BRIAN

Hi Brian,

I will certainly help you get started in some way. The Albatros from OcCre seems like a nice first build. The Stern looks simple. Just enough basic rigging for you not to get overwhelmed. A few Canons. Looks nice to me to get started on this one. OcCre's plans and color instruction book should be fine as well.

I hope that others here will join in and welcoming you !!

Donnie

Thanks for your input. This was my original first choice also! However I did receive so other advice that the 1:55 Constructo might be better only bc the larger scale as me being a beginner. I also noticed there were build logs for the Constructo kits but not the Occre kit on your site. What do you think ?

There has to be a misprint somewhere as OcCre claims 1:100 scale at 570mm length while construction says 1:55 at about 510mm. I guess I am tired, but something doesn't make sense. But it seems the OcCre is a little larger. I am not at my computer at home, so it is hard to do research on a small iPhone.

Yes I read the Occre is 1:100 and Constructo is 1:55 which have seen on many other sites the sight you gave me also has both

I am a little late with this but, welcome aboard! Better late than never.

Dave
Seattle

Back