New modeler

Built an Armed Virginia Sloop with help from LSS many, many years ago. After a several year gap, I restarted the hoppy with an Armed Longboat. Needless to say, I found the directions confusing and had to scrap it. I am going to start the Pride of Baltimore and wondering if anyone else built it. Thanks Edward

Built an Armed Virginia Sloop with help from LSS many, many years ago. After a several year gap, I restarted the hoppy with an Armed Longboat. Needless to say, I found the directions confusing and had to scrap it. I am going to start the Pride of Baltimore and wondering if anyone else built it. Thanks Edward
Hi Edward ,welcome aboard!!

there is s build log here on Sos

Also from my side a warm welcome here on board of our forum

Hallo Edward,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Thankyou for the warm welcome. I will definitely use the Pride of Baltimore build log mentioned. On a more basic note, is there a method of using wood glue without making an absolute mess?
Thanks, Ed

Thankyou for the warm welcome. I will definitely use the Pride of Baltimore build log mentioned. On a more basic note, is there a method of using wood glue without making an absolute mess?
One of the best methods - is experience!!! You will gain the necessary skills as you build more and more... ;) But... on the serious note, great results may be archived if using a proper glue for the given job. Some glues require both parts to be wet with glue before join, while others only one. Always have a dump clothe nearby and wipe excess glue off. White glue (PVA) usually dries fast, in a few minutes, after you apply glue, you can scrape the excess with sharp blade...you got an idea.

Thank you Jim. I noticed your Navy insignia. Were you a lifer? I retired from the Air Force in 1976 as an E7.

Thank you Jim. I noticed your Navy insignia. Were you a lifer? I retired from the Air Force in 1976 as an E7.
Hello Edward, SOS (forum) uses Navy insignia as badge to acknowledge members standing. The more you participate in the forum's life, the insignia will change. But I did serve 2.5 years in Soviet Army. It was mandatory, and i finished as Sergeant

Well, I did a good job of truing and properly installing my bulkheads on the POB. I think what threw me off on the Long Boat was messing up the rabbit and that compounded further errors. This time, I paid more attention to this and everything fit well.
Carving the aft filler block is confusing and taking time.
Thanks.

Well, I did a good job of truing and properly installing my bulkheads on the POB. I think what threw me off on the Long Boat was messing up the rabbit and that compounded further errors. This time, I paid more attention to this and everything fit well.
Carving the aft filler block is confusing and taking time.
Don't let your doubts prevail...You may start your build log and if you stumble at something - just post a question, or show in the photos ;)

Back