New Occre kit

Today OcCre show a "new" model. I quote it because I think it is one of Columbus's caravels.

Greetings ;)

It's categorized as a beginners kit
Maybe Pinta or Nina ,i wonder what will be the price tag

I think you should look at cross section models.
Dont know how good this one is
It will be more varied and of course faster than building a whole ship.

Think long and hard about the Corel kit. I am in the process of building it and found early on that it does a poor job of representing the HMS VICTORY. There are sites that attest to this and give lots of suggestions to correct the kit's glaring deficiencies. Whichever kit you end up purchasing, get copies of the various books (Bugler, Longridge, etc.) on the subject of the ship as they will also be very helpful.

Think long and hard about the Corel kit. I am in the process of building it and found early on that it does a poor job of representing the HMS VICTORY. There are sites that attest to this and give lots of suggestions to correct the kit's glaring deficiencies. Whichever kit you end up purchasing, get copies of the various books (Bugler, Longridge, etc.) on the subject of the ship as they will also be very helpful.
I don't know about your kit, but mine had the for'ard bulkheads way too high, that when it came to fitting the deck, it looked like a 'ski-jump' deck for HMS Ark Royal (RIP)! The stern decoration of the plumes was a mirror image, as for those 'orrible pressed grating things - yuk! Having completed 90% (twice) of the hull, I put it away until earlier this year when it was sold + other kits to make way for the Caldercraft Vic.
Had I known of SOS at that time, I would have left the Corel on ebay back in Belgium!

I don't know about your kit, but mine had the for'ard bulkheads way too high, that when it came to fitting the deck, it looked like a 'ski-jump' deck for HMS Ark Royal (RIP)! The stern decoration of the plumes was a mirror image, as for those 'orrible pressed grating things - yuk! Having completed 90% (twice) of the hull, I put it away until earlier this year when it was sold + other kits to make way for the Caldercraft Vic.
Had I known of SOS at that time, I would have left the Corel on ebay back in Belgium!
Mine were not quite as off as yours were. There are lots of other issues that will call for lots of scratch building to overcome. Good luck with the Caldercraft version. Please let me know how the materials and plans look when you get it.

Mine were not quite as off as yours were. There are lots of other issues that will call for lots of scratch building to overcome. Good luck with the Caldercraft version. Please let me know how the materials and plans look when you get it.
As have said, all looking very good, so far I've only removed the main parts from the frets & numbered them all, I also gave them a 'lick' over with 240g abrasive on a DA sander, before separating. The box does come with a fair amount of CNC dust! I would've thought a 'blow-job' with an airline would have been appropriate. If that's the only fault with the kit, then I shall be a very 'happy bunny.'

I recently purchased the Indefatigable kit from Vanguard. It is beautifully detailed and very precise. I am amazed at the technology Chris Watton is using to make the parts in various thickness sheets of various materials. The instructions are precise as well with good pictures. But care is needed every step of the way to execute properly. I expect to be busy for a long time.
….back from vacation….. Received me Indef kit from Vanguard yesterday along w some gun crew, a cook and other extras .. the kit … superb ….. once I have the cave set up to accommodate both the Indef and Lumberyard Rattler ( pof )… intend on building a bit of each at a time in rotation while listening to me LPs… Once me pub from Mr David Antscherl arrives ….. let the slow builds commence…..

Back