Newbie from Scotland

Hi
From sunny Scotland, !! aye right haha. looking forward to reading all your posts :) I am a novice builder as its a passing for me, I am currently building the Corel cross section of the Victory which has been really enjoyable.
I built ( and finished ) the Billings Boats Norden 308 I think that gave me the interest in wooden models. I have the Royal Caroline started, but stopped as I didn't think I was doing it justice, so went back to some smaller models to build up my skills. which is where I came across this forum, I was watching a youtube video on tying ratlines.

Thank you for accepting my application.

Jim.

Jimbo

Welcome to SOS from Down Under. I am a novice as well but as I gave been told by the more experienced builders. They are still learning.

Cheers
Geoff

Hi Jim,
I am very happy that you joined us. I look forward to seeing your work.

Donnie

Thanks Donnie
Are you having a laugh !! haha I have just looked at your Santisima Trinidad build !! OMG ! that is stunning ! I think it will be a good few years before I post anything on here haha.

But really glad I found your forum and joined !!
thanks again
Jim.

Aussie048 said:
Jimbo

Welcome to SOS from Down Under. I am a novice as well but as I gave been told by the more experienced builders. They are still learning.

Cheers
Geoff

Hi Thanks Geoff,
Your Iron sides build looks fab !! cant wait to see how it comes along. I am totally amazed at the standards of the builds on this forum, These are museum quality pieces !!
How long have you been building ?

Jim

Welcome. This is a great site and we are glad you came. You will find friendly help here. Do not be intimated by what you see here. We all got started somewhere and learned over time how to make things better though hard knocks and late hours scratching our heads. All work done on any model is something that is worth sharing. We love this hobby and seeing everyone's efforts reminds use of how far we have come. So post away and allow us the pleasure of your company.

Thanks GaryM
I am loving going through all the post and reading them. I will wait a while before I shock everyone with my work haha. Thanks you for the welcome :)

PS your Soleil Royal build is simply stunning !! well done.........

Jim

Hi Jim
And welcome to the forum and you have come to the right place, i remember when i first joined it was inspirational looking around at all these fantastic builds and it helped me a lot yet i still consider myself a novice when it come's to the people on here.If you ever need to know something then dont be afraid to ask if i cant help then there is always some body who can that's how we learn by helping each other.
cheers
steve

Thanks Fragle123
Yes Im sure there will always be someone who has already cracked the problem you face !! but even just looking at the steps in the builds is really useful !

Thanks again
Jim

A bit belated as haven't been on for a bit, but welcome aboard I'm up in speyside and getting going again now

Welcome also, I am an intermediate modeler make some stupid mistakes, but give it my BEST AND HAVE DONE SOME NICE BUILDS through the help of members here and on the MSB site have gotten my answers from what kind of Glue to use to some complex problems like right now on my Halifax LOg there is a problem, someone will help. Don

Back