NEWS / ANNOUNCEMENTS / UPDATES

Hello everyone, first time on the post of Shipsofscale. Let me introduce myself. My name is Massimo and I was working in engineering for about 45 years and now enjoying retirement. I am also a professional model maker, having worked for many years in the architectural model making professionally as well..I enjoying making tall ships for many years from scratch and research. The reason I am writing this is that I have been commissioned to build the Bluenose II. I will start the building of the schooner in the middle of January. In the meantime I am doing a lot of research’s and collecting photos of the Bluenose II as it is now anchored in Lunemburg NS. I did contact ‘Dalhousy’ university library archives where all of the Bluenose drawings are stored. I am also in talks with the Bluenose official page office regarding measurements of various items on the schooner not ever put on paper. In short I found that there are a lot that has changed (i mean a lot) between the drawings and the Bluenose II in existance today. Today kits do not represent what in reality is in existance. Oh by the way I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Hallo @massimotocco
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Hallo @massimotocco
Birthday-Cake
Hello Massimo, Happy Birthday, we hope that you had a great day and that you also got the biggest piece of cake. Do check out the SOS , YQ-Bluenose builds Logs, they do have a vast amount of information. Looking forward to seeing your Build Log start.
Regards Lawrence

Hello everyone, first time on the post of Shipsofscale. Let me introduce myself. My name is Massimo and I was working in engineering for about 45 years and now enjoying retirement. I am also a professional model maker, having worked for many years in the architectural model making professionally as well..I enjoying making tall ships for many years from scratch and research. The reason I am writing this is that I have been commissioned to build the Bluenose II. I will start the building of the schooner in the middle of January. In the meantime I am doing a lot of research’s and collecting photos of the Bluenose II as it is now anchored in Lunemburg NS. I did contact ‘Dalhousy’ university library archives where all of the Bluenose drawings are stored. I am also in talks with the Bluenose official page office regarding measurements of various items on the schooner not ever put on paper. In short I found that there are a lot that has changed (i mean a lot) between the drawings and the Bluenose II in existance today. Today kits do not represent what in reality is in existance. Oh by the way I live in Calgary, Alberta, Canada.
Hallo @massimotocco
Birthday-Cake

Back