Norske Love - Billing Boats 1:75 scale

Hi Dean,
I just started following your build here. Your Norske Love is a good looking build. I like the wood used in the mast and mast tops . I have a Billings Wasa on the the shelf as my next build and am not too happy with the planking which is Obechi which I will place a veneer of walnut over. Have not worked much this week though with cold weather and power outages. How about you and this weather...WOW!
I have over the last more than 40 Yeares, build 3 Norske Love- the first one was not even laser cut. All this has made a confusing about the accessories, as they have changed names. the 1Th ones, everything of Assesorie were of plastic- Single blocks, double blocks and deadeyes. tHe has now been changed to wooden parts, with another name and numbers, but they are all there.. I have nearly all the build from Billing Boats downloaded- some old and some new.,
Although Danish-born, and knowing the "OLD OWNER ERLING BILLING " I must say, the kits are today not up-date. They are all in the lower price range. A kit like Norske love can be in the range from 250€ to over 1000 €. I like very much the Marmoly kits, sold in Europe through Amati.
Due to my many years of building from Kits- not totally through - as I only mainly use the Laser cut parts, and then scratch build the rest. AS mentioned the Wood parts are not up to date. I like very much this ship, therefore I am following the build of Prinz Fererick -one of the 3 Build- by a German -this is a very professional build

I have over the last more than 40 Yeares, build 3 Norske Love- the first one was not even laser cut. All this has made a confusing about the accessories, as they have changed names. the 1Th ones, everything of Assesorie were of plastic- Single blocks, double blocks and deadeyes. tHe has now been changed to wooden parts, with another name and numbers, but they are all there.. I have nearly all the build from Billing Boats downloaded- some old and some new.,
Although Danish-born, and knowing the "OLD OWNER ERLING BILLING " I must say, the kits are today not up-date. They are all in the lower price range. A kit like Norske love can be in the range from 250€ to over 1000 €. I like very much the Marmoly kits, sold in Europe through Amati.
Due to my many years of building from Kits- not totally through - as I only mainly use the Laser cut parts, and then scratch build the rest. AS mentioned the Wood parts are not up to date. I like very much this ship, therefore I am following the build of Prinz Fererick -one of the 3 Build- by a German -this is a very professional build
https://shipsofscale.com/sosforums/...ship-of-the-line-1-48-by-karl-i-malcha.2530/- here is the link to Karl Invar Malcha- published by Uwek. The sistership to Norske Love.

Hi El Capi, I would be interested in a link the build of Prinz Fererick.
It should be he with this link. If not go to the schrach build log-go to page two and down the page you will have all images

Hi Dean,
I just started following your build here. Your Norske Love is a good looking build. I like the wood used in the mast and mast tops . I have a Billings Wasa on the the shelf as my next build and am not too happy with the planking which is Obechi which I will place a veneer of walnut over. Have not worked much this week though with cold weather and power outages. How about you and this weather...WOW!
Thanks Daniel. This is my first ship build and I put the log here to show my progress before I lost the ship in a move...sigh!
I do want to build this ship again. I think I could do much better now.
As far as the weather goes, ship building is all I can do...lol. We lost electricity one day. But back to work now on the Bluenose POF build. ;)

Back