Norske Love by Billing Boats

Hello,

I would like to show my current build, the Norske Love by billing boats. Unfortunately there are no pictures taken from the beginning, so I only can show some pics taken in last six months. I leave them without a comment, just to show, how far the build is. The next steps of the rigging and completing I will show from time to time.

nl01.JPGnl02.JPGnl03.JPGnl07.JPG
nl11.JPGnl12.JPGnl13.JPGnl14.JPG

The last picture was taken today and shows the annoying process of rigging.

Greetings
Michael

Attachments

• nl05.JPG
    nl05.JPG
    107 KB · Views: 131
Very interesting ship and great work building her, Michael! How long have you built her since the launch? Can you tell us a little bit more about the kit itself? Is it worth the money? How is the quality of timber, castings? How about the instruction, is it intuitive for novice builders? Any feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance!!!

Thanks for your comments - sorry I forgot to say something about the kit.

This kit is in 1/75 scale and I bought it 2 years ago on ebay for about 370 Euros. It was my second kit from Billing Boats, so I knew already what kind of good quality I had to expect.

The kit itself is laser cut and contains various kinds of woods (plywood, pine, balsa, mahogany and obechi). The ornaments are made of plastic (fine quality), as well as the carriages, the canons are made of brass. Also included is sailcloth and various threads for the rigging - white!

The manual and the drawings are okay - but beware they are not complete, you have to check twice the correct number and position of blocks and other parts.

Billing boats rates this modell as a kit for experienced modellers. I found very few information about the original, only a few videos on youtube and some pics of completed kits. So I had to make a decision - my decision about the painting. The underwater hull is painted white, which turns out as a lead-white I hope. The green painting follows the pics and videos I found.

The build was problem-free, except for the palnking of the hull. The kit contains only one layer of planking, I decided to give her a second layer made of cherrywood.

To be continued...
Michael

Many thanks, Michael! Due to a number of facts, that you mentioned before, and some of them still didn't mention. If it is not too much to ask, would you mind to write a kit review of Norske Love by Billing Boats? I am sure many of us will appreciate your effort, and it is very-well will help them when making a decision for the future kit, or even the first, perhaps. Below is the link

Hello Zoltan,

unfortunately not, the model had to move because i'm currently renovating an apartment for my daughter. As soon as the renovation is finished, I finally get a room just for my hobby and then I will be able to work on the norske love again.

For this reason, I am currently rarely in the forum.

Greetings
Michael

wow she's a beauty, great wworkmanship. Ps. how did you find the directions to be ,I heard some billings kits directions are pretty crude?

Hello,

I would like to show my current build, the Norske Love by billing boats. Unfortunately there are no pictures taken from the beginning, so I only can show some pics taken in last six months. I leave them without a comment, just to show, how far the build is. The next steps of the rigging and completing I will show from time to time.

View attachment 97044View attachment 97045View attachment 97046View attachment 97049
View attachment 97053View attachment 97054View attachment 97055View attachment 97056

The last picture was taken today and shows the annoying process of rigging.

Greetings
Michael
Hallo Michael alias @Mickey-63
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Can you show us some new progress on your Norske Love?

Back