Nuestra Señora de la Santísima Trinidad

Hello friends!
I haven't shown my work in a while. I have been able to advance a little, I have started with the stern. The kit comes with a smooth stern, without balconies, like HMS Victory. The Santisima Trinidad had balconies. Some forum members who built this kit added the balconies. I will look at them and if I can contribute something new I will show it.

Greetings

DSC_0773.JPG

DSC_0774.JPG

DSC_0775.JPG

DSC_0778.JPG

DSC_0780.JPG

DSC_0781.JPG

DSC_0782.JPG

DSC_0783.JPG

hola Lorenzo, enhorabuena te esta quedando magnifico Nuestra Señora Santisima Trinidad,actualmente lo estoy facendo de nuevo pero en otros colores ( ocre amarello y negro )
un salu2
Dj

Hello Lorenzo, congratulations, Nuestra Señora Santisima Trinidad is looking magnificent, I am currently doing it again but in other colors (yellow ocher and black)

greetings2

Dj

Thank you very much, I'm glad you like it, encourage you to continue.
Painting it in ocher yellow and black is a valid option. It is not one hundred percent certain that it looked red and black. Some experts on the subject have doubts about it.
This ship was active for 36 years, had several modifications and even flew two different flags. By making this kit as we want, we will surely get something right.

Saludos ;)

Moving along the stern.
I have modified the port galleries twice. The pieces in the kit did not cover the entirety.
I'm not very satisfied with the result, but it's going to stay that way.
I also modified the aft galleries by adding balconies. I'm still not sure how I'll do it. I'm improvising.

Greetings

DSC_0791.JPG

DSC_0792.JPG

DSC_0793.JPG

DSC_0823.JPG

DSC_0811.JPG

DSC_0812.JPG

DSC_0816.JPG

DSC_0817.JPG

DSC_0819.JPG

DSC_0822.JPG

Hi Lorenzo,
Very beautiful build and excellent modifications.
It's very interesting that i didn't got the metal cast pieces for the galleries.
and i see that you encounter the bad windows design thy made .

Cheers

Last edited:
Hi Lorenzo,
Very beautiful build and excellent modifications.
It's very interesting that i didn't got the metal cast pieces for the galleries.
and i see that you encounter the bad windows design thy made .

Cheers
Hello sevish. The truth is that it doesn't convince me. I'm going to redo everything and dispense with the parts that come with the kit. I have to align the galleries and windows with the ribbons. If you look at the photos, I couldn't put the upper windows in the stern. I should have realized it before. As soon as I make the changes I will show you.

Greetings ;)

I saw your photos and i had the same problem , the galleries are so badly design, look at the instructions with their design the lower gallery should between the 3rd and 4th decks.
**Face palm**

Shelek made a wonderful stern with his ship if you have time look at his videos in YT.
I'm waiting to see your result :D
Cheers

Hello here again. Well, I've already started with the modification. Now everything looks a bit of a mess. I will not use the metal parts, I will make everything in wood including the small columns. It's going to be more work but I'm sure it will turn out much better.
I will look at Shelk's work again.
To simulate window glass I use radiography.

Greetings ;)

DSC_0824.JPG

Hello here again. Well, I've already started with the modification. Now everything looks a bit of a mess. I will not use the metal parts, I will make everything in wood including the small columns. It's going to be more work but I'm sure it will turn out much better.
I will look at Shelk's work again.
To simulate window glass I use radiography.

Greetings ;)

View attachment 438479
I never thought of using radiography film for windows. Very clever!

Back