Old models surfacing again

The above models' water was Plasticine (modelling clay) painted with Humbrol enamels, but I now use polystyrene foam shaped with a flame and with a crepe paper sheet glued on top. The new process is described in this download Scratchbuilding Merchant Sailing Ships, a Dying Art scroll down after it opens to read the full synopsis. Then, if you wish to purchase a copy, a Paypal or cards button for £2.49 is provided. The download is 30 A4 pages in length, has 8,917 words, and 48 images. It covers the building techniques of the barque Marjory Glen (Below), but does not contain plans.
Bob
Marjory Glen (Large).JPG

Last edited:
You never fail to amaze me Bob, and so modest, your models or should I say miniature ships are fantastic,
Best regards John,

Dear Robert, Nice to hear you are' around and about' after your operation. The last steam ship really displays the marine modeller's art of which you are a past master. it's always inspiring to see your work, and the tools of the trade - so to speak, since it gives us all inspiration. You can certainly see this through the responses you get. I've tried to get a copy of your book: Miniature Model Ship Building 2015 but no luck so far. I'll be down-loading it from your web site if I'm unable to locate a copy in the near future. Not been too busy myself due to family commitments but will continue to construct the railings for the tug. Lots of burnt finger ends await me thanks to the friendly soldering iron!
Regards, William

Back