Oliver Cromwell, POF ,Scale 1:48 by Lawrence [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Ship Mates, Christmas all over again for Lawrence in the Old Ship Yard. Today I got a box from a very good friend of mine in North Carolina with all of the decorations and the name letters cut out of box wood and a lot of 3D Printed cargo consisting of barrows of 3 different sizes, 5 sizes of crates along with little buckets, vases and a few tiny tubs . All of these 3D Printed items will be painted and added as cargo to enhance the cut outs that I added to my Oliver Cromwell, Thanks Again.
Regards LawrenceIMG_6062.JPGIMG_6063.JPGIMG_6064.JPG

Hello Ship Mates​

Today the little fellows and I completed installing all of the decorations that were milled for me by a good friend in North Carolina, along with the ships figurehead that was given to me by my sponsor Dave over at the Lumberyard, for these gifts I am very grateful and I do appreciate all of your great efforts, Thank You

I have given these ship decorations a couple of coats of Tung Oil, she may need another coat but that will be when we add the ships cargo, sometime in the near future.

Mike has 3D printed me a lot barrows, tubs, buckets, crates and vases of many sizes. These I will use as cargo in the many cut outs in my little ship the Oliver Cromwell that require painting that I will do between time when I am waiting for the glue to dry on my YQ-Bluenose.

Regards LawrenceIMG_6074.JPGIMG_6072.JPGIMG_6071.JPGIMG_6070.JPGIMG_6069.JPGIMG_6067.JPGIMG_6068.JPG

Hello Ship Mates​

Today the little fellows and I completed installing all of the decorations that were milled for me by a good friend in North Carolina, along with the ships figurehead that was given to me by my sponsor Dave over at the Lumberyard, for these gifts I am very grateful and I do appreciate all of your great efforts, Thank You

I have given these ship decorations a couple of coats of Tung Oil, she may need another coat but that will be when we add the ships cargo, sometime in the near future.

Mike has 3D printed me a lot barrows, tubs, buckets, crates and vases of many sizes. These I will use as cargo in the many cut outs in my little ship the Oliver Cromwell that require painting that I will do between time when I am waiting for the glue to dry on my YQ-Bluenose.

Regards LawrenceView attachment 286124View attachment 286123View attachment 286122View attachment 286121View attachment 286120View attachment 286118View attachment 286119
Dear Lawrence
congratulations, it's looks beautiful model, well done friend

Outstanding work by all involved. Hats off to Lawrence, Dave S and Mike. Beautiful!
Hello Dave, Thanks for your visit and also for your very nice comments. Yes Mike did a great job on the decorations and Dave has also been very supportive both in his personnel help and all the great wood that he supplied to make this build just a bit special, Thanks.
Regards Lawrence

G'day Lawrence, what a fantastic finish to a fantastic ship, she is a credit to you and your Admiral's skills, and very nicely displayed,
Best regards John,
Hello John, Please say hello to Maureen for us OK. I thank you for all of your help and support in my Oliver Cromwell over the last 3 1/2 years. The last year or so have been very difficult at times for both my Admiral and myself but we are both still here so I guess that it was not all that bad. Will have to get out on the SOS Form just a bit more, Seams that my days are so very much shorter now with caring for Bernadette , cooking, and a bit of house work seams to fill in my day, but still enjoy a few minutes daily in my Old Ship Yard.
Regards Lawrence

I am very happy to hear, that she is now really complete - well done - also by the sponsors and friends
Hello Uwe, I thank you for your visit to my Oliver Cromwell build log, and also for your very kind words. Yes the ship it's self is now completed, but I have a whole bag full of 3D printed barrows, crates, boxes, tubs, buckets and vases to be painted and added to the cut outs that I made on the starboard side. There is no hurry for these and they will be painted and added for cargo as I wait for the glue to dry on my now build the YQ-Bluenose. This should be a very fun detail to add to my Oliver Cromwell.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, Just a little up today, in taking a break from my YQ-Bluenose build and letting my hands recover the little fellows and I have begun painting the cargo to add to the cut-outs on my Oliver Cromwell build.

Mike has been very generous and I am starting to wonder if it will fit in, his work is so nice that it would be a shame to leave any thing out. So far I have painted 20 larger barrows and 4 buckets that I have added rope handles. I still have over 50 pieces to paint and then to try and arrange it all in the Oliver Cromwell.

Regards LawrenceIMG_6088.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, Today the little fellows and completed painting the rest of our 3 sizes of Barrows. This has given our hands a chance to get better but we found that painting these barrows is rather strain-full on ones old eyes. We do have much more cargo to paint for our Oliver Cromwell build, but we will continue with building frames for our YQ-Bluenose for a few days to see just how our hands hold up.

Regards LawrenceIMG_6089.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, Today we have finished painting all of the ships cargo that Mike has so generously sent to us. This consist of 3 sizes of barrows, buckets, tubs, vases along with many typed and sizes of crates that will be added to the cut-outs in our Oliver Cromwell as cargo, on our next sour fingers break building frames for our YuanQing-Bluenose build
Regards LawrenceIMG_6095.JPGIMG_6096.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I have finally got our Oliver Cromwell loaded with cargo that Mike was so good in printing these items on his 3D Printer, they are very realistic and fill in the cut outs very nicely. We also added a few buckets and barrows to the upper decks filling in the space nicely. I have spoken to my Admiral Bernadette about sewing up some flour and grain sacks to fill in the Ships Bread Room. Have been thinking about adding a few deck figurines but for now that is still up in the air.

Regards LawrenceIMG_6103.JPGIMG_6104.JPGIMG_6105.JPGIMG_6106.JPGIMG_6107.JPGIMG_6108.JPGIMG_6109.JPGIMG_6110.JPG

Hello Lawrence,
Apologies for not answering your query sooner.
I'm afraid I am easily distracted and diverted these days.

I ordered the Phil Eisnor plans through Winston at MSB.
The plans consist of seven sheets and are quite detailed.
If it is not too financially onerous for you I suggest getting a copy of the plans. They are v good.
I also printed off a copy of the practicum (MSB) written by Gene Bodnar based on these plans. If nothing else it makes good reading. There is a lot of information to be gleaned.
The MSB practicum is edited by W.E Scoville.........ie Winston.

There is also another practicum but of Bluenose 2 by John H Earl but I can't remember where I found it. Sorry. This is in Eight parts with quite a few colour photos.

I also bought the Amati plans of the original Bluenose of 1921 from 'Cornwall Model Boats' here in the uk which consist of three sheets and a detailed booklet (A4 size) which has a lot of small numbered drawings annotated in English and Italian. There is enough information in the Amati drawings ( priced at $US 10.91 plus p&p I think) to build a POB model.
I have just checked and it is marked as 'temporarily unavailable'. I wonder why?? The sails are also shown on one sheet..

You will be getting the 'KIT' soon and along with Heinrich's superb tutorial/practicum and the above you will construct a superb model for us to see.

Very best wishes,
Mike.

PS. I have just found some more references namely www dot van-vliet dot org/dempsey woodworking/bluenose which has a lot of recent information on building a bluenose
Hallo @coalman
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Sorry Lawrance to highjack your topic for the wishes

Back