Oliver Cromwell, POF ,Scale 1:48 by Lawrence [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Ship Mates

Well after a long struggle I finally got my display case completed, stained and varnished, the top glass cut and installed along with a pair of hinges and a couple of claps on the door. This is really not a great deal but with my care giving of my Admiral Bernadette, cook and bottle washer along with all the other tasks that seam to mount up around our home I have had hardly no time to work in my Old Ship Yard, I hope this will improve in the New Year to come.

I have installed my Oliver Cromwell in her new home in our living room and hocked up app of those little Led Lights. A friend of mine in North Carolina is printing me a lot of cargo crated , barrows and buckets and so on to fill up the cut outs in her hull, but there is no hurry for that as we can now enjoy seeing her lit up nightly.

Regards Lawrence View attachment 275188View attachment 275189View attachment 275191
G'day Lawrence, first of all give our regards to Bernadette, we are pleased to hear that she is getting better, our thoughts go out to you both,.
And secondly congratulations on your finished build, you have done an excellent job on both the Oliver Cromwell and also the display case, she looks beautiful all lit up.
Wishing you and Bernadette a lovely restful relaxing Christmas and a Happy New Year filled with New health vitality and resurgence,
Best regards Maureen and John,

G'day Lawrence, first of all give our regards to Bernadette, we are pleased to hear that she is getting better, our thoughts go out to you both,.
And secondly congratulations on your finished build, you have done an excellent job on both the Oliver Cromwell and also the display case, she looks beautiful all lit up.
Wishing you and Bernadette a lovely restful relaxing Christmas and a Happy New Year filled with New health vitality and resurgence,
Best regards Maureen and John,
Hello Maureen and John, I thank you very much for your visit and also for your very kind words and overly nice comments, Yes Bernadette is very much improved but she still has a long way to go, yet.
Bernadette and I wish Maureen and you a Very Merry Christmas and an even Better New Year to come.
Yes we are pleased with the way our display case turned out and we are both rather pleased with it, Thanks.
Regards Lawrence

My Dear Friend. What a superb job you and the little fellows have done on the Oliver Cromwell! And congratulations to Bernadette too - I know that she was also part of this build in her support - I am also very happy to hear that she is recovering nicely. Your display case looks wonderful as does the lighting. I am so happy for you that the model turned out SO great. It could not have happened to a nicer person! You have my admiration and sincerest respect #001!

Hello Ship Mates

Well after a long struggle I finally got my display case completed, stained and varnished, the top glass cut and installed along with a pair of hinges and a couple of claps on the door. This is really not a great deal but with my care giving of my Admiral Bernadette, cook and bottle washer along with all the other tasks that seam to mount up around our home I have had hardly no time to work in my Old Ship Yard, I hope this will improve in the New Year to come.

I have installed my Oliver Cromwell in her new home in our living room and hocked up app of those little Led Lights. A friend of mine in North Carolina is printing me a lot of cargo crated , barrows and buckets and so on to fill up the cut outs in her hull, but there is no hurry for that as we can now enjoy seeing her lit up nightly.

Regards Lawrence View attachment 275188View attachment 275189View attachment 275191
Dear Laurence,
it's looks marvelous , such a beautiful work Okay:)Ship-1

My Dear Friend. What a superb job you and the little fellows have done on the Oliver Cromwell! And congratulations to Bernadette too - I know that she was also part of this build in her support - I am also very happy to hear that she is recovering nicely. Your display case looks wonderful as does the lighting. I am so happy for you that the model turned out SO great. It could not have happened to a nicer person! You have my admiration and sincerest respect #001!
Hello Heinrich, I thank you very much for your very kind words and nice comments. This has been o long year and a half for me first of all the Shingles that I still suffer from but the pain is slowly going away. Than my Admiral Bernadette fell and almost killed her self in that terrible fall up at the Byers Lodge on the French River, yes she is slowly recovering but still has a long way to go. Leaving me as her care giver, chef cook and bottle washer, laundry and trying to keep our home half decent has tiered me out, knocked the wind out of my sails so to speak.
Things are some what improving as I did manage to complete my Display Cast and install Oliver Cromwell in it and we are very pleased with the finished results. I am now giving Bernadette a helping hand with a stained glass project that should be completed in a day or so.
I do believe that I will soon start my YQ Bluenose means now that I have room in my Old Ship Yard for her now. I believe that this will be a great build, thinking of a few changed to make but not at all that elaborate, but just enough to make my ship just a little different.
I take this time to wish you and Your Admiral Anna a Wonderful and Happy Christmas and a even Better New Year to come.
I thank you for all of your help and support over the last year, you are so very helpful and cheerful making things much easier for us all.
Regards Bernadette and Lawrence

Laurence, it is a very nice work you have delivered with this model and a good and informative log so well, greetings Knut-
Hello Knut, You are very welcome, I am pleased that my build log has helped you enjoy this great Hobby of Model Ship Building, It sure has been a lot of fun for me.
Regards Lawrence

Best of wishes to you and the Admiral in your health. Caring for a loved one is a lot of work others often know nothing about.

Sometimes it is the smallest things we never consider that take all the time and effort, specially if your not used to doing them normally.

Learning how to properly wash, fold and put away simple laundry or dishes can be a tiring task at times.

I have a son who has Cerebral Palsy, and he can do many things, but still needs help in eating, drinking and getting clothed every day.

He has been the best and hardest at times to deal with, but his love returned far outweighs the cost and effort spent to take care of him.

He enjoys traveling with me to train shows and visiting with all his train friends and running trains on our layouts.

May the Lord bless your family in the coming new year,

Best of wishes to you and the Admiral in your health. Caring for a loved one is a lot of work others often know nothing about.

Sometimes it is the smallest things we never consider that take all the time and effort, specially if your not used to doing them normally.

Learning how to properly wash, fold and put away simple laundry or dishes can be a tiring task at times.

I have a son who has Cerebral Palsy, and he can do many things, but still needs help in eating, drinking and getting clothed every day.

He has been the best and hardest at times to deal with, but his love returned far outweighs the cost and effort spent to take care of him.

He enjoys traveling with me to train shows and visiting with all his train friends and running trains on our layouts.

May the Lord bless your family in the coming new year,
Hello Kurt, I thank you very much for your visit and also for your very understanding words. Yes care giving can very tiering at times but it is also very rewarding at the same time.
Sorry to hear about your sons troubles, I do hope that things will improve for you this year, and with your kind heart I am sure that they will.
Yes Bernadette is improving daily, she wants to help out more and more as time goes by. Hopefully she will take over the cooking soon, I will still do breakfast as that is our tradition,
Regards Lawrence

Hello Kurt, I thank you very much for your visit and also for your very understanding words. Yes care giving can very tiering at times but it is also very rewarding at the same time.
Sorry to hear about your sons troubles, I do hope that things will improve for you this year, and with your kind heart I am sure that they will.
Yes Bernadette is improving daily, she wants to help out more and more as time goes by. Hopefully she will take over the cooking soon, I will still do breakfast as that is our tradition,
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, My Admiral Bernadette and I Wish you all a very Merry Christmas and an Even Better and Happier New Year to Come.
I thank you all for all of your support that you have given us over the last year, it is very much appreciated. Oliver Cromwell is on hold pending on new parts. So in the mean time the little fellows and I have started work on our YQ Bluenose, a very well put together kit that sure is fun to build.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, My Admiral Bernadette and I Wish you all a very Merry Christmas and an Even Better and Happier New Year to Come.
I thank you all for all of your support that you have given us over the last year, it is very much appreciated. Oliver Cromwell is on hold pending on new parts. So in the mean time the little fellows and I have started work on our YQ Bluenose, a very well put together kit that sure is fun to build.
Regards Lawrence
Merry Christmas Lawrence to you and Bernadette, wishing you all a best of Health Happiness and Posterity in the New Year,
Best regards John,

Merry Christmas Lawrence to you and Bernadette, wishing you all a best of Health Happiness and Posterity in the New Year,
Best regards John,
Hello Maurine and John, We thank you very much for your Very Nice Wishes. Bernadette and I send you our Best Wisher for a Very Merry Christmas and also for an Even Better and Happier New Year To Come.
Regards Bernadette and Lawrence

Back