Oliver Cromwell, POF ,Scale 1:48 by Lawrence [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Ship Mates, As you all know my Admiral Bernadette and I went off to the Bryers Lodge on the French Ricer for our two week vacation.
The first week was great rather nice weather, did a bit of boating and even caught a few fish as a bonus. However on 14 Aug. after a day on the water Bernadette stumbled and fell off the dock ramp onto the rocks and water below. Resulting in massive head cuts resulting in 36 Stitches and 55 staples, the good part is no broken bones or constitutions. We had an ambulance at the dock in less than 10 minutes and they took her to Sudbury Hospital and kept her over night. She had two black eyes that put a raccoon to shame along with many more.
We returned home on 21 August totally drained and are just starting to recover a bit of our lost energy. I had started building a display case for my Oliver Cromwell and have all of the rails cut and glued together, the door is also built but not installed as I do have to do a bit of clean up, stain and varnish the case before hand but it looks rather good all and all. I do hope to be able to get at it in a day or so, God willing that is, No pictures as yet but soon.
Regards Lawrence
You were both fortunate that she did not fracture her hip of femur or more seriously an internal brain bleed. Both of you have my thoughts and prayers for her strong recovery. Rich (PT-2)

Praying for your family as I ask you all to pray for mine. My brother and his wife both got covid about a week ago and were quarantining when he got dizzy and went to the ER. He has been in the hospital since getting O2 and checking on a number of other issues now.

Hello Ship Mates, Bernadette and I thank you all very much for all of your very kind words and concerns.Today she got out around 45 of her staples, still have around 10 to go as they were scabbed over, now she can finally wash her hair again. This surly will be a great up lift for her Thanks again as this is much appreciated by us.
Regards Lawrence

Lawrence, l looked in on this thread a lot and even posted a time or two I think, beautiful job on your Cromwell, very unique…. So sorry to hear about your wife also, praying for health….

Hello Ship Mates, As you all know my Admiral Bernadette and I went off to the Bryers Lodge on the French Ricer for our two week vacation.
The first week was great rather nice weather, did a bit of boating and even caught a few fish as a bonus. However on 14 Aug. after a day on the water Bernadette stumbled and fell off the dock ramp onto the rocks and water below. Resulting in massive head cuts resulting in 36 Stitches and 55 staples, the good part is no broken bones or constitutions. We had an ambulance at the dock in less than 10 minutes and they took her to Sudbury Hospital and kept her over night. She had two black eyes that put a raccoon to shame along with many more.
We returned home on 21 August totally drained and are just starting to recover a bit of our lost energy. I had started building a display case for my Oliver Cromwell and have all of the rails cut and glued together, the door is also built but not installed as I do have to do a bit of clean up, stain and varnish the case before hand but it looks rather good all and all. I do hope to be able to get at it in a day or so, God willing that is, No pictures as yet but soon.
Regards Lawrence

Hi Lawrence,
Sorry to read about the fall of your Admiral! I wish her a quick recovery!
János

Hello Ship Mates, Bernadette and I thank you all very much for all of your very kind words and concerns.Today she got out around 45 of her staples, still have around 10 to go as they were scabbed over, now she can finally wash her hair again. This surly will be a great up lift for her Thanks again as this is much appreciated by us.
Regards Lawrence
I am glad and relieved to hear of the medical recovery progress. You both have had a lot of thoughts and prayers coming your way I would assume. Rich (PT-2)

Hello Ship Mates, This has been a very hard trying month for me. Ever since my Admiral Bernadette fell from the dock ramp resulting in 36 Stitches and 55 Staples in her head, loosing a lot of blood, multiply bruises that now are slowly going away now. All of this has left me being the chef cook and bottle washer, care giver and trying to keep our home have livable has left me completely tired out with no get up and go what so ever.
Now my Admiral is improving some what, she is still suffering from low blood pressure, but that is coming up ever so slowly.
This after noon I unwrapped the display case that I had started before vacation ans sanded it a bit and cleaned it up some what. It is almost ready for a coat of black cherry stain to even out the color. I have built the door but will not hang it until after I varnish all of the wood.So I am getting closer to completing this case for my Oliver Cromwell.
While working to day out side on our back deck I had a horrible feeling that I had built it to small, my Admiral said that this can not be so as you measured it up more then once. So I had to check it out and she was correct like always as it fit my Oliver Cromwell like a glove, I was very much relieved.
Regards LawrenceIMG_6040.JPGIMG_6041.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, This has been a very hard trying month for me. Ever since my Admiral Bernadette fell from the dock ramp resulting in 36 Stitches and 55 Staples in her head, loosing a lot of blood, multiply bruises that now are slowly going away now. All of this has left me being the chef cook and bottle washer, care giver and trying to keep our home have livable has left me completely tired out with no get up and go what so ever.
Now my Admiral is improving some what, she is still suffering from low blood pressure, but that is coming up ever so slowly.
This after noon I unwrapped the display case that I had started before vacation ans sanded it a bit and cleaned it up some what. It is almost ready for a coat of black cherry stain to even out the color. I have built the door but will not hang it until after I varnish all of the wood.So I am getting closer to completing this case for my Oliver Cromwell.
While working to day out side on our back deck I had a horrible feeling that I had built it to small, my Admiral said that this can not be so as you measured it up more then once. So I had to check it out and she was correct like always as it fit my Oliver Cromwell like a glove, I was very much relieved.
Regards LawrenceView attachment 257186View attachment 257187
Very open and visible model. Be careful carrying it around. Well done. Rich (PT-2)

Looking very good Lawrence! Glad to hear your admiral is doing better! She’s in my prayers.
Hello Dean, I thank you very much for your very kind words and also for your prayers. Bernadette is much better but it will be a bit longer before she gets back into helping with the cooking and house work.
Regards Lawrence

Last edited:
Back