Oliver Cromwell, POF ,Scale 1:48 by Lawrence [COMPLETED BUILD]

Congratulations on a fine looking highly detailed build. Following your progress has been a great help to me as a raw beginner.
Hello Ian, Glad to have you on board, I thank you very much for your very kind words and nice comments. I hope that I have inspired you into building a scratch model ship, it is a lot of fun building ones own things.
Regards Lawrence

Congratulations Lawrence, exciting and informative building log, hope you can show a series of photos of your masterpiece, greetings Knut-
Hello Knut, I thank you very much for your visit to mu build log, also for your very kind words. Yes a video of the Oliver Cromwell build would be very nice, I will have to look into this.How is your Rattlesnake building coming along? Sorry but I have not spent very much time lately looking at the SOS Form, seams to be so much to do these days.
Regards Lawrence

Dear Lawrence
Congratulations, this is indeed a unique model, the result is very impressive and the process was intriguing and fruitful with interesting construction methods

Dear Lawrence
Congratulations, this is indeed a unique model, the result is very impressive and the process was intriguing and fruitful with interesting construction methods

Hello Shota, Thank you very much for your visit and also for your very kind words and nice comments. I am pleased that you have enjoyed my Oliver Cromwell build and it has also helped you in your builds, Thanks.
Regards Lawrence

Congratulations on this Cromwell. Very well done. Doing this from just plans is way ahead of my ability. I am sure that you are proud of your work. Thank you for sharing all the details of this build. It is a great reference for those that wish to follow.

Donald

Congratulations on this Cromwell. Very well done. Doing this from just plans is way ahead of my ability. I am sure that you are proud of your work. Thank you for sharing all the details of this build. It is a great reference for those that wish to follow.

Donald

Thank you Donnie, Yes the Oliver Cromwell has been a great very enjoyable ship to build. In my log I have tried to make a lot of builders that a scratch build is very doable , it just takes a bit longer and one dose not get all of those unwanted parts. Yes you have a lot of ship building skills from what I have seen in your work.. I do not know how you find so very much time to build ships, run this Great SOS Form and keep all of us in line. You are doing a fine job of it and seam to have time to share.
I do thank you very much for your visit to my build log and also for your very kind words and overly kind comments, Thank You.
Regards Lawrence

Lawrence, for me it's good enough with just pictures from different angles and distances, when it comes to Rattlesnake, it's put on hold,
now I work at Blandford, Maindeck.
Regards-

Hello Knut, I thank you for your visit and also for your kind words and nice comments. I can understand that your Rattlesnake dose consume a lot of your time and I for one can only seam to work on one ship at a time. This is the same for me in my YQ - Bluenose build that I received for Christmas and she still sits in the box. I am itching to get started but do have to build a display case for my Oliver Cromwell, will have to order the glass for it soon.
Regards Lawrence

You are absolutely right Lawrence, I see now that there is still a lot to practice before I start with Rattlesnake again, by completing Blandford I have more experience and hopefully I do better work after this, Rattlesnake is on a smaller scale 1- 48 and surely require more precision and experience,
Thank you for your interest and support, regards Knut-

That is a very beautiful and solid-looking base Lawrence. I am sure that Oliver Cromwell will be most happy to have that as her resting place. :)

That is a very beautiful and solid-looking base Lawrence. I am sure that Oliver Cromwell will be most happy to have that as her resting place. :)
Thank you Heinrich, Yes I am sure she will be. This is some cherry wood that was given to me over 20 years ago, it will make a fairly nice display case.
, and it will keep the dust of of the Oliver Cromwell at the same time.
Regards Lawrence

Congratulations also from my side - you made a wonderful model - Very good work my friend - very good !!

Congratulations Lawrence, you and your little fella's have done an amazing job on building the Oliver Cromwell, she looks so life like and the sails and lighting add the finishing touches, you must be pleased to the Moon and back,

Best regards John,

Congratulations also from my side - you made a wonderful model - Very good work my friend - very good !!

Hello Uwe, I thank you very much for all off your visit to my Oliver Cromwell build and also for your very kind words and comments. I also wish to thank you for all of your helpful builds and hints over the last 3 + years these I have appreciated very much and have helped in my build, Thanks.
Regards Lawrence

Congratulations Lawrence, you and your little fella's have done an amazing job on building the Oliver Cromwell, she looks so life like and the sails and lighting add the finishing touches, you must be pleased to the Moon and back,

Best regards John,

Hello John, I do thank you very much for your visit and also for your very kind words and comments. Yes we are very pleased with our Oliver Cromwell, she has been a challenging and also a very rewarding build over the last 3 + years. We still have to add the stern decorations and give the hull another couple of coats of Tung'N Teak Oil. Kind of stalled at the moment trying to round up the wood to build the Rails to hold the glass in our display case.
Our weather has turned rather hot up around 90 F and we had a tornado go trough yesterday that touched down 9 miles from us over in Barrie, Ontario but all we got was a lot of rain and a bit of wind.
Please do say hello to your Admiral for us OK, and will catch up a little later on down the road. Keep up the great work, you never fail to amaze me with all of the great ideas that you so easily seam to come up with.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, As you all know my Admiral Bernadette and I went off to the Bryers Lodge on the French Ricer for our two week vacation.
The first week was great rather nice weather, did a bit of boating and even caught a few fish as a bonus. However on 14 Aug. after a day on the water Bernadette stumbled and fell off the dock ramp onto the rocks and water below. Resulting in massive head cuts resulting in 36 Stitches and 55 staples, the good part is no broken bones or constitutions. We had an ambulance at the dock in less than 10 minutes and they took her to Sudbury Hospital and kept her over night. She had two black eyes that put a raccoon to shame along with many more.
We returned home on 21 August totally drained and are just starting to recover a bit of our lost energy. I had started building a display case for my Oliver Cromwell and have all of the rails cut and glued together, the door is also built but not installed as I do have to do a bit of clean up, stain and varnish the case before hand but it looks rather good all and all. I do hope to be able to get at it in a day or so, God willing that is, No pictures as yet but soon.
Regards Lawrence

Back