Oliver Cromwell, POF ,Scale 1:48 by Lawrence [COMPLETED BUILD]

the ships wheel leaves a lot to be desired but have not decided just how I will approach that little issue.

maybe someone could come up with an after market mini kit either CNC or 3D printed humm? easy to draw and produce a STL file
it does not look like a difficult drawing and 3D printing

the-bluenose-ii-schooner-2-1313168.jpgIMG_2914.jpg

Last edited:
I underline the words made by @kidsgalore -> she is looking very good (especially the "clothing" -> regards to your admiral)
BTW: and sorry for shortly off topic: to John alias @neptune - I am happy to read, that you are better - keep care
Hello Uwe, I thank you very much for your visit and also for your very kind words and nice comments. I passed your kind words along to my Admiral and she is very pleased, Thank you for being so kind.
Yes we are pleased that John [Neptune ] is recovering and getting back on the form again, we will be looking for more of his great updates in the near future.
Regards Lawrence

i watched your build from the start
surly a master class build well done
Hello Dave, thanks for your visit and also for your very kind words. In your quote above are you referring to John [Neptune ] he is very good at his ship building and he is always willing to share just how he acquires such great results ?
Regards Lawrence

the ships wheel leaves a lot to be desired but have not decided just how I will approach that little issue.

maybe someone could come up with an after market mini kit either CNC or 3D printed humm? easy to draw and produce a STL file
it does not look like a difficult drawing and 3D printing

View attachment 236509View attachment 236510
Hello Dave, It is nice to see that you have a great interest in my up and coming YQ -Bluenose. It looks like a great very enjoyable build for sure with none of that heavy work like cutting ones own hull frames. Not that I am complaining at all as I have found my Oliver Cromwell build to be very enjoyable and rewarding. Its just the tons of saw dust that my Admiral is conferenced with.
Yes there are a few things that we do intend to change, # 1 is the ships wheel, it is the most pressing issue. I do hope that by the time that I arrive at that stage that a nicer solution will be Avaible to me.

Hello Dave, thanks for your visit and also for your very kind words. In your quote above are you referring to John [Neptune ] he is very good at his ship building and he is always willing to share just how he acquires such great results ?
Regards Lawrence
G'day Lawrence, thank you for the compliments, but I think he is referring to your fantastic build,
Best regards John ,

Lawrence you are getting closer and closer to the final line. The Oliver Cromwell is indeed a Master Class build my friend. I cannot wait to see what you do to #001.

Hello Heinrich, I thank you for your visit and also for your very kind words and nice comments. Yes I am getting very excited about about my YQ - Bluenose build, seams like I should have started 6 months ago but there is just no room for that in my Old Ship Yard as it can barley handle one build at a time. Not that much more to go, still have to install the Flying Jib Sail and all of it's control lines. Then it is clean up time, varnishing or oiling the hull and build her a base and cradle for her to sit on.
We my Admiral Bernadette and I will be off to the Bryer's Lodge on the French River to celebrate her Birthday, do a little boating but most of all catch up on a full week of R & R..
Yes my YQ _Bluenose will be a challenge as there are so many other fine builds out there, I do have a few little ideas of my own, but I do worry if I can do justice to this fine little ship.
You have been a great example and also an excellent mentor in your launching of your YQ - Bluenose and correcting a few of the little problems in it's manufacturing, Well Done.
I do have one question for you and that is, have you heard any word as yet on a set of YQ- Sails for the Bluenose? Not to worry as my Admiral Bernadette is already hinting that she would volunteer to sew me up a set if need be.
Regards Lawrence

Lawrence I can give you an answer on that question. YQ also has a POB model of Bluenose which features a full set of sails. What I need to do is find out if those can be used on the POF model as well and if there are any differences between the two models with regards to the rigging. I will have an answer for you tomorrow.

Lawrence I can give you an answer on that question. YQ also has a POB model of Bluenose which features a full set of sails. What I need to do is find out if those can be used on the POF model as well and if there are any differences between the two models with regards to the rigging. I will have an answer for you tomorrow.
Hello Heinrich, I thank you very much for your nice information. If the scale is the same on the POB Bluenose than they will fit. But I will await your answer. I will not need a set of sails for quite some time but I do like to look ahead, Thanks.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Lawrence. Xiuli says that the sails of the POB model (in the same scale as the POF model), can definitely be used on our model. The sails are available at 20 USD for the set, but shipping still needs to be calculated.

Hello Lawrence. Xiuli says that the sails of the POB model (in the same scale as the POF model), can definitely be used on our model. The sails are available at 20 USD for the set, but shipping still needs to be calculated.
Hello Heinrich, I thank you very much for your information. That was very nice of you. Yes $20. USD is a very good price for a set of sails for my Bluenose. You will let us know when and where we can place a order for a set, Thanks Again.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I have finally adding all the sails to our Oliver Cromwell. There are still the Stay sail that we do not intend to add as we feel that they will obscure too much of the deck details and would only take away from the Beauty of this little ship. We still have a few more rope coils to add but there is no hurry for these.
We will now turn our a-tension to the mounting stand and its columns that we will try to make with no lathe to do so., wish us luck.
Regards LawrenceIMG_5986.JPGIMG_5987.JPGIMG_5988.JPGIMG_5989.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I have finally adding all the sails to our Oliver Cromwell. There are still the Stay sail that we do not intend to add as we feel that they will obscure too much of the deck details and would only take away from the Beauty of this little ship. We still have a few more rope coils to add but there is no hurry for these.
We will now turn our a-tension to the mounting stand and its columns that we will try to make with no lathe to do so., wish us luck.
Regards LawrenceView attachment 238108View attachment 238109View attachment 238110View attachment 238111
Dear Lawrence
it's looks wonderful work, well done

Hallo Lawrence,
really a beautiful model in a beautiful surrounding (although there is no water)
The little fellows and you are doing a very good job with this model !!!!

Hallo Lawrence,
really a beautiful model in a beautiful surrounding (although there is no water)
The little fellows and you are doing a very good job with this model !!!!

Hello Uwe, I thank you for your visit to my build log and also for your very kind words and nice comments. Yes we are getting excited about our YQ - Bluenose as our Oliver Cromwell build is coming to an end, but we will hold off on that until after our week vacation up at the Byers Lodge on the French River.
Regards Lawrence

Back