Oliver Cromwell, POF ,Scale 1:48 by Lawrence [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Ship Mates

My Admiral and I wish you and yours a very Happy and Prosperous New Year. We have had a rather quiet and dreaded Christmas, no tree and allow I had installed over 30 sets of Led Lighting to out line our home we did not have the hear to turn them on, IMG_5602.JPG
enough of that.

The little fellows and I have did a bit of work in the Old Ship Yard, we have completed the out side hull planking with a combination of box wood and natural pear. We have lined the Gun Ports and cleaned up a bit, much more to go. We also have sanded the outer hull but still needs a bit more to go.

Regards LawrenceIMG_5604.JPG

Last edited:
Hello Ship Mates

My Admiral and I wish you and yours a very Happy and Prosperous New Year. We have had a rather quiet and dreaded Christmas, no tree and allow I had installed over 30 sets of Led Lighting to out line our home we did not have the hear to turn them on, View attachment 127199
enough of that.

The little fellows and I have did a bit of work in the Old Ship Yard, we have completed the out side hull planking with a combination of box wood and natural pear. We have lined the Gun Ports and cleaned up a bit, much more to go. We also have sanded the outer hull but still needs a bit more to go.

Regards LawrenceView attachment 127200
First all the best wishes for 2020.
She looks stunning Lawrence.

First all the best wishes for 2020.
She looks stunning Lawrence.
Hello Maarten, I thank you very much for your visit to my build log, also for your very kind words and comments. Yes the Old Ship Yard dose give me some piece of mind, but those thoughts keep creeping back in. I believe that I will now tackle the Stern Gallery Windows that should add a bit of detail to the now very plane stern.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates
My Admiral and I wish you and yours a very Happy and Prosperous New Year. We have had a rather quiet and dreaded Christmas, no tree and allow I had installed over 30 sets of Led Lighting to out line our home we did not have the hear to turn them on,
Regards Lawrence
I can fully understand this - we are with you and your admiral
A Prosperous Year also for you.
and in addition: The planking is looking very good my friend

Thanks for sharing with us. You have great talent and it inspires me as I’m sure others as well.
Warmest regards,
Hello Daniel, Welcome to my build log on the little ship the Oliver Cromwell, please pull up a chair and join in the fun of building this fine little ship. I am always pleased to have a new crew member on board.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_5606.JPGIMG_5605.JPGHello Ship Mates

A little more progress in the Old Ship Yard, the little fellows and I have lined the Stern Gallery windows with natural pear wood and also capped the inside of the Great Room windows with boxwood.

This has been a trying task for us as in our first couple of attempts we got the outside to look great but the inside looked horrible and on our first attempt we discovered we were doing it all wrong. But on our third attempt we are rather pleased with the results, not perfect we know but we can live with it.

Now we must address the 6 stern windows, not sure yet just how they will be built but that is another story.

Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates

The little fellows and I have finally completed the building and installing the 6 Great Room Windows along with the sills and the jam extensions. We have also given the inside a coat of varnish. The out side ones will be done after these windows are trimmed out as we are afraid that the glue may not stick very well to the varnished surfaces.

Regards LawrenceIMG_5613.JPGIMG_5615.JPG

Last edited:
Back