Oliver Cromwell, POF ,Scale 1:48 by Lawrence [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hello Ship Mates, Well it has been a long and very hard week here in the Old Ship Yard. What I thought was the flue turned out to be a very bad case of the Shingles. I now have a very ugly rash that starts in the center of my chest around to the center of my back. It is hard to explain just how much pain and pressure this can give one. My doctor says that the pain will start to subside next week. We have called off our spring Birthday trip for my Admiral, as I do not have the get up and go for such a trip, as of now I tire very easily and sleep a lot.
Enough of that, I have been able to work a few minutes at a time in the Old Ship Yard, The little fellows and I have been able to install all of the Gun Ports, there hinges and there lift ropes. Now we must turn our attention to the Rowing Ports and there hinges, but first I must recess these that I failed to do earlier when it would have been much easier.
Regards LawrenceIMG_5773.JPGIMG_5774.JPG

Hello Ship Mates, Well it has been a long and very hard week here in the Old Ship Yard. What I thought was the flue turned out to be a very bad case of the Shingles. I now have a very ugly rash that starts in the center of my chest around to the center of my back. It is hard to explain just how much pain and pressure this can give one. My doctor says that the pain will start to subside next week. We have called off our spring Birthday trip for my Admiral, as I do not have the get up and go for such a trip, as of now I tire very easily and sleep a lot.
Enough of that, I have been able to work a few minutes at a time in the Old Ship Yard, The little fellows and I have been able to install all of the Gun Ports, there hinges and there lift ropes. Now we must turn our attention to the Rowing Ports and there hinges, but first I must recess these that I failed to do earlier when it would have been much easier.
Regards LawrenceView attachment 159159View attachment 159160
If conventional medicine doesn't help, try acupuncture. (the shingles, not the build)

Oh...Man, those gunport lids looking great. Every small bit of detail added makes a huge difference! Get well soon, Lawrence!!
Hello Jim, I thank you very much for your visit and also for your very kind words. Yes I have always loved detail and do try to add as much of it as possible.
Regards Lawrence

Fantastic Lawrence, you are really getting innovative, I leave you alone for a couple of weeks and you have almost finished your build, she is looking really great, I'm sorry to hear about your illness, a few years back I had a case of the shingles exactly where you had yours, oh man there were bad, Doctor said what ever you do do not scratch them, they just about drove me crazy.
I love loads of things about your Oliver Cromwell, the scrolls, ships wheel just to mention a few, and I have downloaded your pics of the angle cutting tool for the saw, say hello to your Admiral and look after each other, take care and stay safe,

best regards john,

Fantastic Lawrence, you are really getting innovative, I leave you alone for a couple of weeks and you have almost finished your build, she is looking really great, I'm sorry to hear about your illness, a few years back I had a case of the shingles exactly where you had yours, oh man there were bad, Doctor said what ever you do do not scratch them, they just about drove me crazy.
I love loads of things about your Oliver Cromwell, the scrolls, ships wheel just to mention a few, and I have downloaded your pics of the angle cutting tool for the saw, say hello to your Admiral and look after each other, take care and stay safe,

best regards john,
Hello John, I thank you very much for your visit, your very kind words and also for your under standing of just how much pain and pressure that these rashes can give one. I am pleased that you liked my version of an angle cutting jig. After all I have been using your great ideas for years now and it's time I gave one back. Yes my Oliver Cromwell is slowly coming together and the Masting is within sight now , very soon after the Rowing Ports. Please say hello to your Admiral for us OK, and thanks ever so much for all of your likes.
Regards Lawrence

Lawrence,

I hope you feel better soon. That malady is simply awful, knocked me down for quite a bit. The work in your build log is incredible, I‘ve enjoyed reading it over and over. Super modeling, great attention to detail. Looking forward to more.

Jan
Hello Jan, I thank you very much for your very kind words, and also for your visit to my build log. I am very pleased that you like my Oliver Cromwell build and the detail that I am adding. It would have been nicer to work on a larger scale but there is no room for her to live at say a 1:32 but the extra room would be a joy to work with. Yes That malady is simply awful, that I quote you. My doctor says the pain should start to subside next week, just hope that I can last that long. I have been doing a lot of sleeping lately. It seams to be the best way to control the pain. Not very much work in the Old Ship Yard but thinking of ways to handle the up and coming, just do not the get up and go even loughI enjoy this type of build very much.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Wilver, Welcome to my build log on the little ship the Oliver Cromwell. Please stop by often as the door to Old Ship Yard is never closed. Been layed up with a very bad case of Shingles for over a month now but am just starting to do a bit of work in my Old Ship Yard, may even have a little update in a day or so. Thanks for all the likes.
Regards Lawrence

Hello didit

I thank you very much for your visit to my build log on the Oliver Cromwell that is about to begin. I also thank you very much for the wealth of information that you passed along. I am sure that a lot of this information will be a great help in the coming months, Thanks, ENJOY.

Regards Lawrence
The link to Harold that Dave put up earlier does not jump the internet quicksand. Is there another one more current? PT-2

Hi lawrence,

Great work, I see you even have added an LED inside? Guess these were standard layout on all British navy vessels from the 18th century. I need to build one for my Royal Caroline model and will use yours as a template.
LED Labor Exclusively Demanded . .. . ships boys required to provide the energy and power for the illumination??? PT-2

Back