Oliver Cromwell, POF ,Scale 1:48 by Lawrence [COMPLETED BUILD]

G'day Lawrence, you are really steaming ahead with your Oliver Cromwell, the rigging is looking great, I hope this post finds you and your lovely Admiral in the best of health,
Best regards John,

Yes, I don’t mind doing it the right way and that’s what I’ll do.
I love this forum and the help that provides to people with lesser modeling experience like me,
THANK YOU...you guys are the best.

G'day Lawrence, you are really steaming ahead with your Oliver Cromwell, the rigging is looking great, I hope this post finds you and your lovely Admiral in the best of health,
Best regards John,
Hello John, I thank you for your visit to my build log, also for your very kind words. My Admiral Bernadette and I are fine up here in cold country Canada. We pass along our best wishes to you and your Admiral. We are[ house-i-fied] from this virus thing, it bothers her much more then me as I spend a lot of time in my Old Ship Yard and her it's the TV. I still have a fare bit of pain from that case of the Shingles that I got last May, but it is slowly going away.
Yes my build the Oliver Cromwell is slowly coming together, I have to draw out a few more sails so my Admiral can start to sew them up, she likes to do this kind of thing. Will have to drop in at your build log, you always surprise me with all of that great detail that you put on your ships, take care.
Regards Lawrence

Just Brilliant. Could be used on a film set, so realistic.

Just Brilliant. Could be used on a film set, so realistic.

Hello Ian, Welcome to my build log, I am always pleased to have a new crew member on board. I thank you very much for your very kind words and comments,
Regards Lawrence

Hi
Looking through your post, I noticed that the first vertical rope of your rat lines are thicker than the rest.
Is this something common in period ships or is just in this particular model.
Sorry for my rigging ignorance.
Hello Bluebeard, Welcome aboard my build log on the little ship the Oliver Cromwell. I am always pleased to have a new crew member on board. Welcome to the great SOS Form, a very happy and friendly form, you will find a lot of very interesting and very helpful people over here. If you have a question do not be afraid to ask.
Yes the forward Shroud on a square sail ship is always served, this is to prevent wear on the Shroud by the sails rubbing on them. Both Ship Mates Janos and Neptune [John ] explained this to you earlier on the above posts # 1,037, # 1,039 and # 1,040. I would recommend serving the forward Shroud and also the parts of the rest that go around the mast. It is a lot of extra work but the end results are well worth the effort.
I will attach a picture to help demonstrate this.
Regards LawrenceIMG_5895.JPG

Yes, I don’t mind doing it the right way and that’s what I’ll do.
I love this forum and the help that provides to people with lesser modeling experience like me,
THANK YOU...you guys are the best.
Hello Bluebeard, I am pleased that we could help you out on this great ship building hobby of ours.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates
Well the little fellows and I have finally completed all of the Lower Ratlines on our little ship. Now we must install our Catharpins on each of the three mast and build and install the Futtock Slaves and also build the Futtock Plates and attach all of the smaller Deadeyes that sit on top of the mast platforms.

Regards LawrenceView attachment 198241View attachment 198242View attachment 198243

This will be a rookie modeler question:
When you do the woolding of the masts, Is there an specific number of loops that should be used?

This will be a rookie modeler question:
When you do the woolding of the masts, Is there an specific number of loops that should be used?
Hello Bluebeard, Thanks for your visit to my build log and also your very nice comments. When I do the Mast reinforcements I go by my plans and also by the size of my rope that I am using.
Regards Lawrence

Last edited:
Hello Ship Mates
This last week the little fellows and I have been busy building the Top Sail Yard with all of it's fittings that include the Foot Ropes, Top Sail Lift along with a couple of blocks to be completed later on. We also built and installed the Top Sail Yard Parral Beads.
Regards LawrenceIMG_5899.JPGIMG_5900.JPGIMG_5901.JPGIMG_5902.JPGIMG_5903.JPG

Back