Oliver Cromwell, POF ,Scale 1:48 by Lawrence [COMPLETED BUILD]

Beautiful job, Lawrence! And my condolences about your loss. In days like this the best cure is to get into the hobby as much as you can. True, it does not occupy your brains fully, I know from experience. But it still helps.
Janos
Thank you very much Janos, Your very kind words mean so very much to us. Working in the Old Ship Yard did help to a point but when your heart is not in it, things never seam good enough. Still more clean up on the lower hull but felt that my Ship Mates should know just why no new up dates, Thanks.
Regards Lawrence

G'day Lawrence, I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of your son, our thoughts and prayers are with you, take care of each other, lots of love and hugs,
Your good friend John,
Hello John, My Admiral and I thank you very much for your very kind words and prayers. Yes we have been friends for a lot of years now and may our friendship continue for many more years to come, Thanks.
Regards Lawrence

I’m so very sorry for the great loss you and your family have suffered. There is no greater pain than the loss of a child. As an oncologist, I’ve shared this sadness with more families than I ever imagined was fair. But I’ve also learned that the human heart is strong, and nothing can take your memories. Celebrate your son every chance you can!

Very sad news, Lawrence. My deep condolences and sympathy alone with prayers. Something is not right on this planet when parents have to part with their kids...forever.
Hello Jim, My Admiral and I thank you very much for your very kind words, they are of great comfort to us in these hard times. Thanks.
Regards Lawrence

My sincere condolances Lawrence to you and your family in these extremely hard times. Life should be more honest sometimes. Hope your hobby can offer you some relieve in the months to come.
Hello Maarten, My Admiral Bernadette and I thank you very much for your very kind words and comforting thoughts, Thanks.
Regards Lawrence

Sorry to hear from your loss, I lost my brother also some years ago caused by the same cancer. My thoughts are with you and your family.
I feel so sorry
Hello Uwe, My Admiral and I thank you very much for your very kind and understanding words Things will surely be tough and a bit empty around the old home stead, Thanks.
Regards Lawrence

Your son has left the wife and you but memories of him will always be with the both of you. Cherish these, stay busy and be happy,
Take Care
Don
Hello Don, Bernadette and I thank you very much for your very kind words and nice comments, Thank you. Dennis our son left his wife 3 years ago so there is no love lost there. However it sure seams empty around here. I try to burry my self in the Old Ship Yard but find it very difficult to consternate on what I am trying to do, but it seams to help a bit.
Regards Lawrence

I’m so very sorry for the great loss you and your family have suffered. There is no greater pain than the loss of a child. As an oncologist, I’ve shared this sadness with more families than I ever imagined was fair. But I’ve also learned that the human heart is strong, and nothing can take your memories. Celebrate your son every chance you can!
Hello Dave, Bernadette and I appreciate very much your very kind words, yes this cancer is a very hateful disease, sure wish that it had of been me and not our son Dennis, Thanks.
Regards Lawrence

IMG_5564.JPGIMG_5565.JPGIMG_5566.JPGIMG_5567.JPGHello Ship Mates
Things are still very hectic around the old home stead. We seam to be having one problem after the other these days. I try to bury my thoughts in the Old Ship Yard and it helps to a bit, but my thoughts keep creeping back to reality.
The little fellows and I have finally tackled those Cut Outs in the Port side. They still need a lot more cleaning up but they are there now. This is something that I wanted to do for many years now and have finally got up enough nerve to do so. Right or wrong I wanted to show a bit of the inter workings of one of these ships and I believe that this will do it. I could have made the cut outs much larger but was afraid of warpage, I think that I am safe with these but will keep my fingers crossed. The Starboard side will be folly planked enabling me to chose what side I chose to look at.
I thank all of my Ship Mates for all of your support and very kind words for my Admirals and myself in our very trying times of need, Thank You.
Regards Lawrence

Back