Oliver Cromwell, POF ,Scale 1:48 by Lawrence [COMPLETED BUILD]

The open view sides look good, and they will be lighted it looks like?
Hello Kkonrath, I thank you for yor visit and also for your nice comments. Yes the cut outs is something that wanted to do for a lot of years, along with the other side completely finished. I feel that the Led Lights add a lot of warmth especially at night.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Ship Mates, The little fellows and I have spent the last week building the 20 sets of Gun Port Hinges for our Oliver Cromwell. We milled out the 1/16" or 1.58mm brass tube for the outer hinges and then soldered the mounting pin and also the pivot pin all to together. We then took the left over pices from a piece of photo etching that we have horded now for a number of years and cut these into the lower hinge. we found that the hardest part was drilling the 3 mounting holes in these little strips of brass that we had annealed before hand. These little bit of parts some how do not justify a weeks worth of work. Now we must build a building jig to assemble parts to the Gun Port doors, this should be a fun part.
Regards LawrenceIMG_5767.JPGIMG_5768.JPG

They are looking very good - I am looking forward to see them installed (and working)
Hello Uwe, Thanks for your very kind words and your visit. Yes I am still working on these Gun Ports Doors and hinges. They are a bit of a challenge being that small and I have come down with a touch of the common flue that has slowed me down a lot.
Regards Lawrence

Get well soon Lawrence, in bed with a nice book about shimodeling offcourse.
Hello Maarten, I thank you for your nice words and also for your nice comments. I am past the bed all day thing, that was a couple of days ago when I did nothing. Now I do spend some time in the Old Ship Yard. The worst of it all was we had to cancel my Admirals Birthday trip up to the French River. She forgave me and we rebooked for the 27 June, so with any luck at all I should be well over this thing by then.
Regards Lawrence

Hello Maarten, I thank you for your nice words and also for your nice comments. I am past the bed all day thing, that was a couple of days ago when I did nothing. Now I do spend some time in the Old Ship Yard. The worst of it all was we had to cancel my Admirals Birthday trip up to the French River. She forgave me and we rebooked for the 27 June, so with any luck at all I should be well over this thing by then.
Regards Lawrence
Hi Lawrence that sounds like a great trip, enjoy the 27th.

Back