On Ebay now! Le Vaisseau de 74 Canons Traite Pratique d'Art Naval Vol 1 2 3 4 1973-77

CJS

In case anyone is looking, I just saw the French language 4 volume set of Le Vaisseau de 74 Canons Traite Pratique d'Art Naval Vol 1 2 3 4 1973-77, by Jean Boudriot, for $179.00 plus $12.78 shipping from Illinois. The current link is: https://www.ebay.com/itm/254349270562?ul_noapp=true

I am not the seller or connected in anyway, but I think it is a good price and worth checking if interested.

Thanks for the hint.
Everybody able speaking french should think about to order this set. This is a very low price, also for this condition.
For your info:
The english version is available from ancre, but not any more the french version, which is in moment sold out

It is the basic book series, which is helpful to understand any of the ancre monographs

If you want to take a look at the book review, go to

NO I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE ENGLISH VERSION, JUST WONDERING IF IT WOULD HELP ON THE LE ROCHEFORT BUILD AND WHAT VOL WOULD BE BEST TO START. Don JUST WONDERING

They are sold, but this is clear, due to the fact, that they were offered already in October.
It was a good price for a relatively used set of these 4 books.

Be aware of the often very high prices for a used set of these books, especially for the english version. sometimes they are offered for more than 1.000 Euro/US$/GBP

In english, they are still available directly from ancre, new and untouched - in french they are sold out at ancre

NO I WAS TALKING ABOUT THE ENGLISH VERSION, JUST WONDERING IF IT WOULD HELP ON THE LE ROCHEFORT BUILD AND WHAT VOL WOULD BE BEST TO START. Don JUST WONDERING

This 4 volume set is the starting point of our collection and as such is almost essential to the understanding of all our other books. It gives the definitions of all parts of a ship, " from keel to mast's truck", illustrated with many detailed drawings. It also explains how to manœuvre and operate a ship, and what shipboard life was like.
In order to avoid unnecessary repetitions, these explanations and definitions are not given in our other publications, in which you will find numerous cross-references to "The 74 Gun Ship".

These books, especially Volume 1 to 3 are helping a lot - I can really recommend them

Buch 1 und 2 habe ich ,
um ein schönes Modell zu bauen reichen diese beiden Bücher aus.
Natürlich hätte ich auch gerne die beiden anderen Bücher 3 und 4,
am liebsten alle vier Bände in der Luxusausführung , Leder Edition.
Karl

I have volume 1 and 2.
To built a nice ship model these two volumes are satisfying.
Off course I would like to have also the other volumes 3 and 4.
Best would be the set in the luxury edition in leather
Karl

For everybody who is interested in this masterpiece of documentation and cornerstone of most of the ancre (and Gerard Delacroix @G. DELACROIX ) publications, please take a look:
(please click on the title to get redirected to the different Reviews with "Look Inside":

THE 74-GUN SHIP - Volume 1 - HULL CONSTRUCTION

THE 74-GUN SHIP - Volume 2 - FITTING OUT THE HULL

THE 74-GUN SHIP - Volume 3 - MASTS - SAILS - RIGGING

THE 74-GUN SHIP - Volume 4 - MANNING / SHIPHANDLING

Planset THE 74-GUN SHIP in scale 1:48 (or 1:72)

Back