One more chinese kit of La Salamandre ))), now is being built in Russia [COMPLETED BUILD]

Thanks, guys, will start posting some pics of previous stages of the build)View attachment 53169View attachment 53170View attachment 53171View attachment 53172View attachment 53173View attachment 53174View attachment 53175View attachment 53176View attachment 53177
index.php
View attachment 53179View attachment 53179View attachment 53179View attachment 53180View attachment 53181View attachment 53181View attachment 53179View attachment 53180View attachment 53182View attachment 53183View attachment 53184View attachment 53185View attachment 53186View attachment 53187View attachment 53188View attachment 53189View attachment 53190View attachment 53191

My goodness, your model is just too much.
It’s estupendos.
Its so real that I could smell the beef stew and the B7C0CEE7-EA04-4362-B21D-CA47D2A7DC63.jpegbread coming up from the galley.
The ladle is just surreal.
B7C0CEE7-EA04-4362-B21D-CA47D2A7DC63.jpeg

Your pillars are looking very good - hope that the Falconets will fit on top.
I am looking forward to see the guns by Dima Shevelev ...... Does he has a shop for these, or is it a friendly help?
You know, that a lot of modelers are looking everytime for good aftermarket parts - and good guns are very important ...

Your pillars are looking very good - hope that the Falconets will fit on top.
I am looking forward to see the guns by Dima Shevelev ...... Does he has a shop for these, or is it a friendly help?
You know, that a lot of modelers are looking everytime for good aftermarket parts - and good guns are very important ...
Dear Uwek, thanks a lot!
Dima sells his casting via shipmodeling.ru shop.

But there are no obstacles to make an order directly. I am sure he will help.
His thread: https://www.shipmodeling.ru/phpbb/viewtopic.php?f=65&t=71904
His mail: modelist69@yandex.ru

Blocks on the gunwales.
Tried to use the kit parts. Didn't like the result. Scratched them.View attachment 142996View attachment 142997View attachment 142998View attachment 142999View attachment 143000

This build is just mind boggling. To me (rookie builder), it’s a love/hate thing.
I love how you turned the pulley with your lathe, but I hate it because at my age I will never get to learn how to use one. How can anybody that don’t have a lathe or use one could accomplish what you have done here?
So what I do is just see a few of your pictures but can’t contemplate them too much, because I get discourage, place my like mark and move away knowing I’ll be back.
Final thought is: “Accept my building accomplishments , try to do better and just keep on building to the best of my abilities”.

This build is just mind boggling. To me (rookie builder), it’s a love/hate thing.
I love how you turned the pulley with your lathe, but I hate it because at my age I will never get to learn how to use one. How can anybody that don’t have a lathe or use one could accomplish what you have done here?
So what I do is just see a few of your pictures but can’t contemplate them too much, because I get discourage, place my like mark and move away knowing I’ll be back.
Final thought is: “Accept my building accomplishments , try to do better and just keep on building to the best of my abilities”.
Thanks, Julian.
Meawhile, everyone used to be a rookie). I started building models with a utility knife. Now I have some more instruments, tools and even machines. They do NOT build models themthelves, they just help me to achieve what I do want at the moment. The lathe for instance just helps to make many pulleys quickly. BUT - it is possible to make them using electric hand drill or even electric screw driver.
I look at the best models of prominent masters and understand how far I am from heir skills. But I want to make my models as good as possible and try to find my own style.
The main issue is a WILL to build models in the best way you can, without any compromises.
It turned out a little pompous and philosophical, but its from heart)))

Not at all. You are not pompous or philosophical, you very well explain it.
What really counts is the will we and passion we all have for the hobby. I have come to realize that there is always someone else with a better method of building and that we shouldn’t get discouraged because of other’s accomplishments.
Did you self thought your machinists skills or this is something that you regularly work with every day.?

Not at all. You are not pompous or philosophical, you very well explain it.
What really counts is the will we and passion we all have for the hobby. I have come to realize that there is always someone else with a better method of building and that we shouldn’t get discouraged because of other’s accomplishments.
Did you self thought your machinists skills or this is something that you regularly work with every day.?
Right approach is a half the battle))
I have never dealt with the machinery before and do not work with the machines every day, and I estimate my skills here as a beginner's. Reading books, forums and watching some youtube helps a lot. Sometimes I feel that I miss some technical education and practice))

Very good work on the rudder and its chains, cables etc.
Unbenannt.JPG

Very good details - very good work my friend Thumbsup Thumbsup
I like the leather protection of the rudder hole very much !!!

Everytime I see a rudder of a Salamandre I am once more surpriced, that the thickness of the rudder not tapered from the head down to the keel (as usual on other ships). But Jean Boudriot was shown it in this way in his monograph - so I am pretty sure, he knew, what he has drawn....

Very good work on the rudder and its chains, cables etc.
View attachment 224645

Very good details - very good work my friend Thumbsup Thumbsup
I like the leather protection of the rudder hole very much !!!

Everytime I see a rudder of a Salamandre I am once more surpriced, that the thickness of the rudder not tapered from the head down to the keel (as usual on other ships). But Jean Boudriot was shown it in this way in his monograph - so I am pretty sure, he knew, what he has drawn....
Yes, I was suprised too... And I relay on his drawnigs. The only thing I changed here - I added cables supporting chains))) (the same way as on the 74 gunner)

Back