Paper Ship Models in 1/600 scale

I just joined yesterday and am so very happy to find this forum. Although I have a short history making wooden ships in scale, Ive8been prima8concerned sinc 9/11 with paper models. I have a few models I've built in my favorite scale of 1/600 which I am posting photos of, and one or two in 1/1200 scale. I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as I have building them...FB_IMG_1586023138812.jpgFB_IMG_1584571673459.jpgFB_IMG_1584571659172.jpgFB_IMG_1584571351713.jpgFB_IMG_1586833338942.jpg

excellent models - are they kits or scratch? They look like the kits that the Polish company JSC produce, although I'm not sure they do that scale
excellent models - are they kits or scratch? They look like the kits that the Polish company JSC produce, although I'm not sure they do that scale
They are all different kits i bought or were offered free by their designer, each of which I scanned and then reduced their scale to 1/600, except for the first pictures. The first is a JSC kit, built in it's original 1/400 scale, the second a kit designed by my late pal Barry which I helped paint templates, normally in 1/250 scale which I reduced to 1/1200 scale, the third was one of a few Civil War models offered free online, I forget the original scale but I reduced it to 1/700 scale. the fourth a small kit from Whilhelsen originally in 1/500 which I reduced to 1/1200 scale, and the fifth was am old ship design from Maly Modelarz, I think originally in 1/500 scale, which I reduced to 1/600 scale. I use painted fly tying silk for rigging and railings.

Great miniatures !!!! Especially in this very small scale of 1:600
So it seems that you want to collect them (and compare all by the size ) in one scale - Interesting idea
Once you have a complete fleet.
I would like to see a building log of this kind of work - will be very interesting
BTW: A warm welcome here on board of our forum

Hi Jim - Welcome to Ships of Scale! It is so nice to see you here. This is Marc LaGuardia from the ShipCraft Guild of New York. We still hold regular meetings at Dan’s place in Brooklyn. If you are free to come some time, there are a number of familiar faces that would be happy to see you again.

Anyway, your talents in miniature have developed quite a bit since I last saw you. The steamer is also my favorite; I love the resourcefulness and effecf of clothes dryer lint!

i Jim - Welcome to Ships of Scale! It is so nice to see you here. This is Marc LaGuardia from the ShipCraft Guild of New York.
Hello Jim, this is why your last name if very familiar to me...I believe we have met while ShipCraft Guild of New York was next to the South Ferry (Coast Ship Guard building), am I correct Mark @Hubac’s Historian

I just joined yesterday and am so very happy to find this forum. Although I have a short history making wooden ships in scale, Ive8been prima8concerned sinc 9/11 with paper models. I have a few models I've built in my favorite scale of 1/600 which I am posting photos of, and one or two in 1/1200 scale. I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as I have building them...View attachment 155925View attachment 155921View attachment 155922View attachment 155923View attachment 155924

Hallo @jimkrauzlis ,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Very refreshing to see your delightful models. It would be interesting if you could let us into your secrets, especially exactly what card stock and glues you use.
Thanks for sharing and welcome.

Fantastic. Many details for such a small scale. The freighters are very successful.

I just joined yesterday and am so very happy to find this forum. Although I have a short history making wooden ships in scale, Ive8been prima8concerned sinc 9/11 with paper models. I have a few models I've built in my favorite scale of 1/600 which I am posting photos of, and one or two in 1/1200 scale. I hope you enjoy seeing them as much as I have building them...View attachment 155925View attachment 155921View attachment 155922View attachment 155923View attachment 155924
Hallo Jim alias @jimkrauzlis
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Are you working on a new project? Would be interesting to see

Back