PAYMENT AND ORDERING

@Dean62 Hi Dean. It is great to see that your kit has arrived! Congratulations. As to the condition of the box, I agree wholeheartedly with @Peter Voogt Peter; it is disappointing that a "professional" freight forwarder treats a package like that. All the other kits have so far arrived in almost or spotless condition. As to the plastic container - I have already notified YuanQing to upgrade the quality of those! Thumbsup

@Dean62 Hi Dean. It is great to see that your kit has arrived! Congratulations. As to the condition of the box, I agree wholeheartedly with @Peter Voogt Peter; it is disappointing that a "professional" freight forwarder treats a package like that. All the other kits have so far arrived in almost or spotless condition. As to the plastic container - I have already notified YuanQing to upgrade the quality of those! Thumbsup
I’m actually accustomed to packages being damaged...sigh! As long as the contents are intact it’s not a big deal. The plastic container is very thin, I’m not sure how that got damaged? But once again nothing was missing or damaged, so I’m not upset at all about it. Just glad to get the kit and all the contents! :)
When you think about it, it travels by plane, vehicle, on conveyers and who knows what else. It can be dropped, thrown, etc. and the fact it gets here in one piece is a small miracle...lol.

My plastic container was broken also, the same lower R/H compartment - but everything that is in that compartment is in separate bags also so no big deal, it may not be a sturdy enough container for international shipping or there may be a way to protect it better during shipping but it does appear to be a repeatable issue....

Well, Twas the Monday after Christmas, and I heard the truck honk, the FedX delivery was here, and coming to my porch.

IMG_0196.JPG

IMG_0197.JPG

Looks good under the tree

No damage to the box

IMG_0198.JPGIMG_0199.JPG

No damage to the inside box either

IMG_0202.JPG

All the stuff seems ok

IMG_0224.JPGIMG_0225.JPG

The plastic small parts container had cracked and one little baggie was hanging out

IMG_0226.JPG

And, the letter was to me :)

IMG_0227.JPG

EJ

Last edited:
Heinrich,
Thank you for shipping BLUENOSE. It seems that they are being delivered fast. But, you have placed me in a troubling conundrum: COUREUR vs HMS ALERT vs BLUENOSE which to start next ? or maybe 2 (or 3) at a time.......????? - am still working on HMS ENTERPRISE...
These are good problems to have.
Thanks again.
Alex Rosas

Wow!
Looking fwd to getting and building #27!
I've only meagerly started the Artesania Latina Swift a few years back. Inadequate instructions had me stumped so I put it aside for a few weeks, months then years........
It was nice to find this massive resource, Ships of Scale- it is a wonderful stimulus for the mind. It got my creative side revved up again....the last. Couple months I've been working on completing the infrastructure of my shop. I have a 24'x 24' combined woodworking/hobby area within a 10' high ceiling with it's own heat and water. It's under the same roof with my home but, a separate structure. I'm spoiled. I've built benches, work tables, rolling tool carts, L.E.D. lighting everywhere, storage up the whazoo ( not all enclosed yet ) I'm building a dust collector-exhaust system soon.
So you see, that part of my puzzle is stumbling towards completion........
Just need to retire and shelter in place for awhile.
Kits on hand;
Artesania Latina; Swift, Harvey, USS Constellation.
Model shipway's; USS Constitution, Niagara, Essex,
Confederacy, Charles W Morgan, New Bedford Whaleboat, the Syren is backordered.....
Midwest's Indian Girl canoe & some little Dingy .
Also from Model Expo; their Stagecoach kit, Sopwith Camel & Neiuport 28 - 1917.
Plus many, many balsa & plastic kits......
I need a long retirement-
Life's a gamble, I HOPE I put my eggs in the correct basket: TIME.
Enjoy your weekend everyone!!
Steviedean

Back