Pinnace Papegojan 1627 - 1/48 [COMPLETED BUILD]

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MATTI, I ECHO A COMMENT FROM AB ABOUT POLISH MODELERS, GREAT CRAFTMASHIP, FANTATIC TECHNIK AND I GREAT, GREAT GIVING AND KIND COUNTRY OVERALL. PLEASE POST A STATUS OF HOW YOU ARE, AND MAY OUR LORD SAVIOUR JESUES CHRIST PROTECT YOU AND YOURS. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

Witaj
Mati proszę cię o pomoc i poradę chodzi mi o liny do kotwic, czy możemy porozmawiać .Mój nr tel 609 568 505 mieszkam w Chrzanowie . Pozdrawiam Mirek

Hi All,

My name is Matthew and I'm from Poland.
I'd like to show you my recent model, which I'm building already quite few years... almost 11 ROTF
It's taking so much time not because of complexity of the build... but just simply not having enough time mixed with long months being on board the ship. I'm working as a Hotel Officer on board passenger ships. Well... not now... due to covid... so I have some unexpected long time off... so at least I can spend some more time behind the desk with my model.

Few facts about the ship and model.
Papegojan was build by Dutch shipyard in 1623 and year after she was delivered to Swedish Royal Navy with galleons Kristina, Tigern, Solen, Enhörningen, Mänen, Regnbĺgen, Pelikanen and second pinnace Regnier. During her service she was involved in few sea battles on Baltic Sea agains Crown of the Kingdom of Poland. Sank in 1644.

My build is based on cardboard model released by Shipyard http://model-shipyard.com/gb/sailing-ships/36-mk005-papegojan-no-34.html
However, it's just a cardboard model in 1/96 so obviously had a lot of simplified details. Model has already great design straight from Shipyard... but I had to pimp it up a little bit :cool::p My supporting materials are: Ab Hoving and his publications... mainly The ships of Abel Tasman and Cor Emke plans of pinnace Heemskerck.
There is no sight of any original plans of Papegojan... as Dutch shipyards most likely (and commonly) didn't draw any for specific ship. They used to build ships according to contracts and by general plans of this type of the vessel. Little bit free-style. So I believe my path is not completely wrong ;)

Wood mainly used for the build is Pear. Only deck were made of Birch wood. Carvings were made of Pau Marfim.

At that point just few hull and deck fitting are missing.
I'm focusing now on the rigging.... so soon I believe I will be able to post some photos with recent progress.

Enjoy the photos below.

Cheers,
Matt

View attachment 216133

View attachment 216135
View attachment 216134
View attachment 216136

View attachment 216137

View attachment 216138
View attachment 216139
View attachment 216141
View attachment 216143
View attachment 216142
View attachment 216140

View attachment 216144
View attachment 216145
View attachment 216146
View attachment 216147
View attachment 216148

View attachment 216149
View attachment 216150
View attachment 216152
View attachment 216151

View attachment 216157

View attachment 216156
Hallo @mati.n
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
hope you are well and you can make some models?

Back