Plank benders

I‘ve used it for a few days and will not be buying one. My system of heat bending with a form using the heat gun is much more efficient and produces a perfect bend. However each to their own.
Do you soak the wood before using the heat gun? I have tried several different ideas for bending, even built a small steamer box, but haven't found one I really like. Never tried the heat gun though. Do you heat it as you are installing it or prebend it?

Do you soak the wood before using the heat gun? I have tried several different ideas for bending, even built a small steamer box, but haven't found one I really like. Never tried the heat gun though. Do you heat it as you are installing it or prebend it?
Olha Batchvarov has a YouTube video on this.

In the beginning I use to wet the wood but now I do not. Most wood has 9-15% moisture in it which is more than enough to help bend the piece.

It is cheap and it works. I got the idea from a German Frind Axel Kullich -he has made the Pic. When I was building I nailed into a piece of wood, for holding it, and then a list of each side. but to, not to destroy your table. We need over 200ºC to destroy some of the bonds in this Macro molecule. Mechanical force can do it too, but not good for us
happy building and stay safe
el Capp.s the pic below are from 1976 with my wife and 2 years daughter. on top of the bookselves the are a model of the 1Th Norden from Billing boat and the other one is Cutty Sark
I made some adjustments to your original pic. Because of the quality of the original I couldn't do much, but I think it's an improvement?
IMG_0393.jpeg

Back