POF model full rigging?

Hi all,

I just discovered that POF modelling is much more widely available than I thought. I might start one after I finish my current build. I was wondering if there are any POF models with full rigging? All I've seen only show a small part of the masts.

Hi Malik
I have just purchased the hayling hoy from modelship dockyard it comes with rigging and pre sewn sales you can buy it from a link on this site

If you are wanting a larger kit, Modelship Dockyard is releasing the 1/48 HMS Enterprise in a few months with full masts and rigging !
I've been following it pretty closely. You can get an idea of the ship if you look at the 1/96 version, although it does not have masting and rigging.

Hi Malik
I have just purchased the hayling hoy from modelship dockyard it comes with rigging and pre sewn sales you can buy it from a link on this site
Thanks, good tip. Are you doing a build log on it? It might be a nice first POF build for me.

If you are wanting a larger kit, Modelship Dockyard is releasing the 1/48 HMS Enterprise in a few months with full masts and rigging !
I've been following it pretty closely. You can get an idea of the ship if you look at the 1/96 version, although it does not have masting and rigging.
I am also just following that post on the forum, and will definitely look into it. Although I'm not sure if it's not to hard for a first POF build ;)

also the CAF La Salamandre is fully rigged

at the end of this log you find this beautiful model build by @Koreets fully rigged

I finished Hayling Hoy from Modelship Dockyard several months back. It took me about 6 months of ordinary spare time to complete it. It had everything for masts and rigging, but I opted to put the focus on the fully-framed aspect. You may too after you see how it turns out, I've had a lot of compliments from those that see it and I am a novice. Got great support from Victor at the manufacturer's. There was also the amazing support of David Antscherl's book on the topic from Seawatch Publishing. The book and model are not exactly the same, but the book clears up some things and allowed me add some nice detail that wasn't available in the kit (but the kit would have been fine without).

If this is your first POF, I would recommend. Other builders on the forum continued to the full rigging. I have an eye on Enterprise 1:48 myself, but the smaller Blandford from the same manufacturer is consistently reviewed for experienced builders so Enterprise might be frustrating if you don't have the experience. Hayling Hoy costs a lot less as well.

So that's my experience. Plenty of kit makers out there though, I always here good things about the support at CAF. You'll have a blast!

Hi all,

I just discovered that POF modelling is much more widely available than I thought. I might start one after I finish my current build. I was wondering if there are any POF models with full rigging? All I've seen only show a small part of the masts.
Hi Maik. The Bluenose from YuanQing is a PoF and fully rigged. Building from the box not completely, but in the Group Build-log you can see several examples fully rigged and a lot of support: (click just below)
And in the Netherlands we have the D.B.B.S.:
So, we can help you with all your questions and a member is almost always nearby.
We meet each others often twice a year.
If you are considering purchasing, please contact Heinrich @Heinrich for a nice offer.
Regards, Peter

Last edited:
Back