D.B.B.S.

Last afternoon Peter's (@Peter Voogt ) Bluenose #010 had close contact with Johan's (@RDN1954 ) Bluenose #044:
10-44.jpg
Both captains, and the Admiral of the inviting family, had a very enjoyable acquaintance.

Within a radius of 25km Bluenose #010 had a 2nd close contact, namely with Henks' (@Henk Liebre ) Bluenose #030:10-30.jpg
Here too a pleasant and entertaining conversation, also with the Admiral of this inviting family. The day before, these 2 captains were also in contact, but more information about this will follow shortly.

This love triangle has led to the formation of the Dutch Bluenose Building Society (D.B.B.S.). The current board acts as a ballot committee. In principle, Dutch Bluenose builders are automatically members, but we are willing to allow any builder, with any kind of contact with a Dutch Bluenose builder (SoS-Post / SoS-PM / SoS-View / SoS-Like, email, etc), to become a member of the D.B.B.S.
Membership is completely voluntary, without any obligation or expectation. ROTF

If you have read the above paragraph carefully, every member of the SoS is by definition a member of the D.B.B.S. So it has immediately become redundant again and has also been discontinued. The current 3 Dutch Builders reserve the right to use the name D.B.B.S. to be used in posts or other conversations. But if anyone else wants to use that too, you are welcome! :)

All this with a wink for the last 2 paragraphs, with the best regards,
on behalf of Johan, Henk: Peter

Last edited:
Hello fellow model builders.
The board of the D.B.B.S. was fully present for the first time today. Taking their BN's along:
DBBS-01.jpg
The 3 YQ-BN's under construction were complimented with Johan's BB-BN, which was restored last year.
DBBS-02.jpg
So, the 3rd YQ-BN is not under sail already.

And where are the pictures of the captains??? :)
And yes, Heinrich, here are the 3 Captains with there beauties:
DBBS-03.jpg
In line: Johan, Henk and Peter.

It was a pleasant gathering in which a lot of knowledge was exchanged about the different construction steps, possibilities and impossibilities.
The next meeting is in about 2 month.
Regards, on behalf of Johan&Henk&Peter

Last edited:
This is a wonderful initiative guys and something that you must all cherish - Congratulations and a big thumbs-up to you all! I seem to be permanently in the wrong place at the wrong time - both for the DBBS meeting and my son's marriage tomorrow! Well done to you all - your Bluenoses all look splendid and if you were in China, my students would have told you that you all three look very handsome too!

This is a wonderful initiative guys and something that you must all cherish - Congratulations and a big thumbs-up to you all! I seem to be permanently in the wrong place at the wrong time - both for the DBBS meeting and my son's marriage tomorrow! Well done to you all - your Bluenoses all look splendid and if you were in China, my students would have told you that you all three look very handsome too!
Heinrich: thank you very much for these warm words. And I think, speaking on behalf of the board of the D.B.B.S., that we sympathize with you regarding your son's marriage. There's nothing like the personal contact, no matter how direct it may be in this digital world.
Regards, Peter

Nice ships and Captains shown, but what about the Admirals, who I am sure control the shipyards of the captain's of the DBBS.
Thanks for the post, Kurt. We change every time the location of the meering. Then we have every time one Admiral as ‘Location Manager’.
3 Captains of 3 ships on 1 location is possible, but 3 Admirals on 1 location? ;)
So there are always 2 left behind to guard the fortresses.

Hello fellow model builders.
The board of the D.B.B.S. was fully present for the first time today. Taking their BN's along:
View attachment 293213
The 3 YQ-BN's under construction were complimented with Johan's BB-BN, which was restored last year.
View attachment 293214
So, the 3rd YQ-BN is not under sail already.

And yes, Heinrich, here are the 3 Captains with there beauties:
View attachment 293215
In line: Johan, Henk and Peter.

It was a pleasant gathering in which a lot of knowledge was exchanged about the different construction steps, possibilities and impossibilities.
The next meeting is in about 2 month.
Regards, on behalf of Johan&Henk&Peter
This is very cool! You guys are lucky to have this ability. ;)

Great that you had the opportunity to meet personally and discuss the models directly
And I guess it was not only talking, having also a glas of wine, a beer or a cup of coffee .....
Many Thanks for showing us this impression of your meet and great

This morning the spring meeting of the DBBS was scheduled in Woudrichem. But early in the morning Johan unfortunately had to cancel due to some health problems with his Admiral.
Henk got into his car anyway and around 10 o'clock first enjoyed some coffee with a delicious 'appelflap'.
Together we considered the possible next steps in Henk's BN construction.
Nice weather, so time for some outdoor photo’s in the sun.
The current state of deck plankings:
72392A5B-40E3-4466-A326-5AF0B7F5A467.jpeg
DE13F1F6-E1FD-4142-82A7-A6C30F95A455.jpeg

At the beginning of the afternoon Johan contacten us and sent some sunny outdoor photo’s:
8E9D3544-3BE5-4CB5-A5B5-B97B847E2855.jpeg
EF462103-63F1-4E52-B52E-39C2800A66BE.jpeg

Johan, get well soon with your Admiral on behalf of the other 2/3 of the DBBS, Henk & Peter.
Hopefully we will be together again soon. Give Ellen our regards.

After Johan's absence on April 12, the three of us now managed to get together in Woudrichem.
Some different and technical issues where discussed:
DBBS 23-05-1.jpg
And there were also moments to pose relaxed:
DBBS 23-05-2.jpg
With the 3 BN's in different stages of the building proces.
Johan will soon also post some pictures of our discourses inside the house.
Regards, Also on behalf of Henk en Johan, Peter

Some pictures of today's working session in Woudrichem, with a heartfelt thanks for the hospitality Henk and I experienced when visiting Peter and his Admiral.

Henk (@Henk Liebre) came prepared with cardboard mock-ups for the affected area and a clear description of his issues with planking the stern area. Henk will present us his progress in due time. There were quite some problems with the stern section, but we think a way forward was found. It involves shimming, quite some sanding action, a bit of planning ahead and a bag full of patience.

F6806F9B-BB10-42A2-B8E7-84C86A200AA5.jpeg
1113B676-E637-4679-AFCC-D48EAFA8792C.jpeg
829D04E6-1D2C-4B39-9C01-EA6CCDD74B51.jpeg

Trying to establish the best way forward.
Again three Bluenoses in various stages of assembly ánd the unavoidable coffee mugs.
357E1E8E-D7D2-48C8-84A7-196B74A83914.jpeg

Explanation on how to proceed with planking of the hull and more specific, the gardboards. Drawing on the table, as well as the building instructions, to the right of Peter's Bluenose.
2D96AE23-C7B9-4992-8F41-21231D2D0190.jpeg

Paging through Peter's archive on the painting of the name on the Bluenose, the scrolls, the name on the stern, the bowsprit installation, the aft cabin details...
D26DC63C-24EE-4382-9899-5C3B2FF41D7A.jpeg

FC13F9C9-A53A-4ECB-9AB1-5EDBDB20C6CC.jpeg

B45489D8-7504-455B-9E78-BA765B0CF897.jpeg

0B843C5F-37CD-4888-A27B-1B5CA078A3B8.jpeg

2CFBE39E-C277-4EDC-BC2E-082CFFDEB0C7.jpeg

Last edited:
Received a masterclass from Peter today, and saw the great progress of Peter and Johan.
A very successful and enjoyable day
Thank you both for all the help, this has given me a lot of insights and inspiration to pick up where I left off.

Back