D.B.B.S.

Peter the opportunity that you three have is wonderful, but what is far more impressive than the opportunity is the fact that you are USING it. For that I can never have enough respect!

Peter the opportunity that you three have is wonderful, but what is far more impressive than the opportunity is the fact that you are USING it. For that I can never have enough respect!
It's so worth the time! It's not just about getting expert advice, but these gatherings are also very inspiring, even though my Bluenose will not see a saw. There are so many details worth paying attention to.
Not there yet, but I already have some ideas on the aft cabin structure and I am also thinking about the steering house and the generator cover, thanks to some gifts from Henk. :D
Maybe the single most important thing of these cometogethers is to meet one another, making friends.

Received a masterclass from Peter today, and saw the great progress of Peter and Johan.
A very successful and enjoyable day
Thank you both for all the help, this has given me a lot of insights and inspiration to pick up where I left off.
That is great news Henk! I know you had become discouraged, and therefore you are fortunate to have Peter and Johan to help with problem solving. ;)

It's so worth the time! It's not just about getting expert advice, but these gatherings are also very inspiring, even though my Bluenose will not see a saw. There are so many details worth paying attention to.
Not there yet, but I already have some ideas on the aft cabin structure and I am also thinking about the steering house and the generator cover, thanks to some gifts from Henk. :D
Maybe the single most important thing of these cometogethers is to meet one another, making friends.
This sounds promising Johan…I foresee a few resin bits in your future. ;)

Friday, July the 29th saw another DBBS meeting, this time in the lovely town of Loosdrecht, well-known for the Loosdrechtse Plassen, which allow a myriad of watersport related activities.
First off, no we didn't take any pictures. Not there was nothing to share, but the conversations were so animated that we simply forgot to use our cameras.
Peter (@Peter Voogt) showed us his otherworldly hacksawed Bluenose. In real live this is even more a thing of true beauty. The pictures on Peter's blog don't do his work any justice at all. When looking at the foredeck equipment, with the engine, the windlass, anchors, working hinges it just leaves you flabbergasted. If you can find the time ánd you're living not too far away from Duizel, the Netherlands, I recommend you come and see for yourselves, it will definitely be worth the trip.
Henk (@Henk Liebre) showed some of his craftmanship on the deck structure, more particular his version of the aft cabin. In combination with Henk's talent for paint brushing and some beautiful customization it turned out to be a true masterpiece.
Peter also brought with him the Eisnor- and Model Shipways drawings he purchased. These drawings were compared with YQ's plans, with focus on the standing- and running rigging and the number and location of the belaying pins. Peter's conclusion was that the Model Shipways drawings are the most comprehensive and YQ's are the least complete of the three sets, mainly showing the standing rigging and the rigging for the booms and gaffs. So there's a lot of room for customization of the rigging... :D
During lunch conversations continued and many topics, not always related to our builds, were talked about. In all it was a very enjoyable meeting.
The next meeting will be hosted by Henk, this meeting will certainly not take place before the "Duizel"-meeting, the October/November time frame is what we're aiming for.
I hope that during our next meeting we won't forget to take our cameras out of our pockets, but use them to record the event.

Off topic, but she has sails. Does that count?
This picture was taken today, during a bicycling trip in the area. The windmill was turning, beautiful to watch. She attracted a lot of attention from passers-by.
64AEAC0E-84CD-419B-9A92-7E802F3E9A5C.jpeg

Last edited:
Friday, July the 29th saw another DBBS meeting, this time in the lovely town of Loosdrecht, well-known for the Loosdrechtse Plassen, which allow a myriad of watersport related activities.
First off, no we didn't take any pictures. Not there was nothing to share, but the conversations were so animated that we simply forgot to use our cameras.
Peter (@Peter Voogt) showed us his otherworldly hacksawed Bluenose. In real live this is even more a thing of true beauty. The pictures on Peter's blog don't do his work any justice at all. When looking at the foredeck equipment, with the engine, the windlass, anchors, working hinges it just leaves you flabbergasted. If you can find the time ánd you're living not too far away from Duizel, the Netherlands, I recommend you come and see for yourselves, it will definitely be worth the trip.
Henk (@Henk Liebre) showed some of his craftmanship on the deck structure, more particular his version of the aft cabin. In combination with Henk's talent for paint brushing and some beautiful customization it turned out to be a true masterpiece.
Peter also brought with him the Eisnor- and Model Shipways drawings he purchased. These drawings were compared with YQ's plans, with focus on the standing- and running rigging and the number and location of the belaying pins. Peter's conclusion was that the Model Shipways drawings are the most comprehensive and YQ's are the least complete of the three sets, mainly showing the standing rigging and the rigging for the booms and gaffs. So there's a lot of room for customization of the rigging... :D
During lunch conversations continued and many topics, not always related to our builds, were talked about. In all it was a very enjoyable meeting.
The next meeting will be hosted by Henk, this meeting will certainly not take place before the "Duizel"-meeting, the October/November time frame is what we're aiming for.
I hope that für ng our next meeting we won't forget to take our cameras out of our pockets, but use them to record the event.

Off topic, but she has sails. Does that count?
This picture was taken today, during a bicycling trip in the area. The windmill was turning, beautiful to watch. She attracted a lot of attention from passers-by.
View attachment 320978
A nice summary of the many topics we have discussed’ Johan. Thanks again for the hospitality.
And a nice picture of a ‘Wipmolen’.
Regard, Peter

Yes, good to see each other live again what our strange progress were, photos are nice to see, live is better

In Amersfoort after my holiday trip

Last edited:
Hi Henk and Johan. It was great that we were present at the Duizel meeting as representatives. To show some different stages during the build of the BN’s. Some ‘the BN-talks’ will continue :) .
Regards, Peter
For sure it was a very pleasant day!
Nothing beats a personal meeting, face-to-face.

Hi Douwe @Smit and Leo @Leo Brans.
Misschien dat jullie deze post al voorbij zagen komen, maar jullie zijn welkom op een volgende meeting van ons: Johan, Henk en Peter.
You may have already seen this post, but you are welcome at our next meeting: Johan, Henk and Peter.
Regards, Peter
Hallo Peter,

Moet nog leren hoe de SoS site werkt.
Kun je mij zeggen wanneer en waar de volgende meeting is, ik kan niets vinden.
is het mogelijk adressen uit te wisselen ?

Groeten,
Douwe

Hallo Peter,

Moet nog leren hoe de SoS site werkt.
Kun je mij zeggen wanneer en waar de volgende meeting is, ik kan niets vinden.
is het mogelijk adressen uit te wisselen ?

Groeten,
Douwe
Hoi Douwe.
We deden dat via WhapsApp. We did it by WhatsApp.
Nu heb ik bij de PM’s (envelopje bovenin) een groep-PM genaakt. Now I have made by the PM’s (envelope above) a group-PM).
Daar kunnen we alles uitwisselen en een datum en plaats voorstellen. There we can change date and place.
Als het goed is zie je bij het envelopje nu al nummers staan?
Groetje /Regards Peter

Hoi Douwe.
We deden dat via WhapsApp. We did it by WhatsApp.
Nu heb ik bij de PM’s (envelopje bovenin) een groep-PM genaakt. Now I have made by the PM’s (envelope above) a group-PM).
Daar kunnen we alles uitwisselen en een datum en plaats voorstellen. There we can change date and place.
Als het goed is zie je bij het envelopje nu al nummers staan?
Groetje /Regards Peter
Hallo Peter,
Bij het envelopje en de bel staan rode cijfers, dat zijn inkomende berichten.
Waar kan ik de groep-PM vinden ?
Groeten
Douwe

Back