D.B.B.S.

Hallo Peter,
Bij het envelopje en de bel staan rode cijfers, dat zijn inkomende berichten.
Waar kan ik de groep-PM vinden ?
Groeten
Douwe
Hoi Douwe.
Bij het ‘envelope’ (Conversations) betreffende de PM / Privé berichten:
D14EAEA4-BA12-483D-96B2-6D86657C71D8.jpeg
Dit is de Groep-PM.
Ik heb de naam veranderd: “D.B.B.S. Group-PM”
Gr. Peter

Last edited:
After our joint visit in Duizel, we agreed to plan a next meeting soon.

Due to our joint agendas, no further progress was made in 2022.

That is why we decided to start 2023 well and organized a DBBS meeting in the Liebre house in Amersfoort, (the Winter edition) and to start this at an earlier time, in addition to Peter and Johan we also had Douwe Smit (BN #56) and Leo Brands invited (BN #57) which we had met in Duizel.

Leo had other family obligations, and Douwe had come to Amersfoort

It was a good and instructive meeting today in Casa Liebre, after more than 3 months a lot of progress had been made with everyone and very special the progress of Peter with his masts, rigging and sails, Johan's deck construction which I had not seen live before and in addition mutual exchanges about material technology and of course the Tips and Tricks which was interrupted with a joint lunch

The time of departure also extended further (which no one found a problem)

On to the next meeting where it would be nice if Leo is also here

Attached a few photos, the photos speak for themselves …

Vandaag.JPGtafel.JPG

Last edited:
It was a pleasure to meet one another in person again.
@Henk Liebre , thank you so much for your hospitality, it's highly appreciated!
As with our other get togethers, a lot of tips and tricks were exchanged; amazing how much is learned from one another, especially with some beautiful hardware sitting on the table.

Also from my side, many thanks Henk for facilitating, with the coffee with 'something delicious' and the extended lunch. Time flew by again. And our new participant Douwe provided with the necessary information. But he was already well prepared because he could show us 2 books that we hadn't seen yet:
E026C3C8-B0D0-44F3-BB63-69A3FB58BB3B.jpeg
C1922DFC-FD12-4E32-B9E5-24A22308FA4B.jpeg
Up to the next meeting. :)
Regards, Peter

Thanks Henk is was a pleasure to attend the meeting.
I learned a lot.
Have to finish my old model first but hope to start with the Blue Nose soon.

This day we had a kind of impromptu meeting: it started with Henk and I having a call on some specific details on the front deck equipment (windlass, Samson post, bitts), prompting us to set up a meeting at my place. The second occurrence was Peter calling me, offering to drop off his Model Shipways BN drawings. Combining the two led to this rather unscheduled meeting in Loosdrecht.
All three (or four, since Peter's BN is split in two) models were there, in their different build stages: complete, 3/4 and halfway. And again, no shortage of subjects to be discussed, from transportation jigs to the size of threads or deadeyes.
Being able to see Peter's complete BN in real life is something else entirely from just seeing some photos.
The only thing you want do is to keep a safe distance, because, boy, she does look fragile and I mean she really looks fragile. I sure as hell don't want to inflict any accidental to that model.

Three BN's from three similar boxes of wood and hardware, three different interpretations, fascinating.
One specific topic jumped to the foreground; the usage of the drawings. Using the drawings is no simple feat; instead, whether one uses the YQ drawings, coming with the kit, or the Model Shipways drawings, reading and interpreting drawings is a complex task, especially since one has to translate 2D drawings into 3D hardware. Especially when one is not used to reading drawings, this can be quite daunting. The only advice that can be given is to not read too much, focus on one detail at the time.
Simultaneously one has to start reading the drawings regularly, trying to build an image in one's head in order to familiarize oneself with the build. By reading the drawings over and over again, one becomes intimately familiar with all details.

After enjoying lunch, the meeting was closed and we all went our seperate ways.
No definite appointment for a next meeting was made, but I'm sure we'll find an appropriate excuse anyway.

Below some pictures of todays assembly:

Peter and Henk exchanging some hardware.
CB7CC0BC-3C13-4230-9FDA-FA30337D8CD6.jpeg

Assembly of Peter's BN in display status.
42B4FFB1-8B55-4B62-A4F1-EDB7AD352A91.jpeg

Coffee cups, parts, sail templates and three Bluenoses.
A1822E45-25E1-4A46-ADE8-9E93FF254B1B.jpeg

Drawings...
B178325A-BB5A-418D-8F8E-3307010BC7D6.jpeg

A Bluenose line-up:
526C09AE-161D-4D0E-BDA4-572021D81615.jpeg

Between showers, some pictures taken outdoors.:
580D7958-BBDF-4836-9F8C-A6649801B81F.jpeg

8E3FA37A-4FA1-48D6-9CB9-85AA3D42077A.jpeg

1830AABE-BE88-47A2-B50F-39027BB34E58.jpeg

Lunch, where the Admiral decided to join us:
52DEC894-78B9-41F7-8428-755A72A7145C.jpeg

Last edited:
This kind we had a kind of impromptu meeting: it started with Henk and I having a call on some specific details on the front deck equipment (windlass, Samson post, bitts), prompting us to set up a meeting at my place. The second occurrence was Peter calling me, offering to drop off his Model Shipways BN drawings. Combining the two led to this rather unscheduled meeting in Loosdrecht.
All three (or four, since Peter's BN is split in two) models were there, in their different build stages: complete, 3/4 and halfway. And again, no shortage of subjects to be discussed, from transportation jigs to the size of threads or deadeyes.
Being able to see Peter's complete BN in real life is something else entirely from just seeing some photos.
The only thing you want do is to keep a safe distance, because, boy, she does look fragile and I mean she really looks fragile. I sure as hell don't want to inflict any accidental to that model.

Three BN's from three similar boxes of wood and hardware, three different interpretations, fascinating.
One specific topic jumped to the foreground; the usage of the drawings. Using the drawings is no simple feat; instead, whether one uses the YQ drawings, coming with the kit, or the Model Shipways drawings, reading and interpreting drawings is a complex task, especially since one has to translate 2D drawings into 3D hardware. Especially when one is not used to reading drawings, this can be quite daunting. The only advice that can be given is to not read too much, focus on one detail at the time.
Simultaneously one has to start reading the drawings regularly, trying to build an image in one's head in order to familiarize oneself with the build. By reading the drawings over and over again, one becomes intimately familiar with all details.

No definite appointment for a next meeting was made, but I'm sure we'll find an appropriate excuse anyway.

View attachment 371632

View attachment 371633

View attachment 371634

Drawings...
View attachment 371635

A Bluenose line-up:
View attachment 371638

View attachment 371636

View attachment 371637

View attachment 371639

View attachment 371640
There is nothing better than meeting fellow hobbyists over good food and supporting each other with knowledge and good advice :cool: Beer

This kind we had a kind of impromptu meeting: it started with Henk and I having a call on some specific details on the front deck equipment (windlass, Samson post, bitts), prompting us to set up a meeting at my place. The second occurrence was Peter calling me, offering to drop off his Model Shipways BN drawings. Combining the two led to this rather unscheduled meeting in Loosdrecht.

View attachment 371632

View attachment 371633

View attachment 371634

Drawings...
View attachment 371635

A Bluenose line-up:
View attachment 371638

View attachment 371636

View attachment 371637

View attachment 371639

View attachment 371640
Thanks again for the hospitality, Johan. Nice to meet you and Henk again and talk about a lot of stuff.
Regards, Peter

There is nothing better than meeting fellow hobbyists over good food and supporting each other with knowledge and good advice :cool: Beer
Hey Shota, the talks were good, the coffee was good and the food was good, so no complaints from my side.

PS: You're hiding in Japan?

his day we had a kind of impromptu meeting: it started with Henk and I having a call on some specific details on the front deck equipment (windlass, Samson post, bitts), prompting us to set up a meeting at my place. The second occurrence was Peter calling me, offering to drop off his Model Shipways BN drawings. Combining the two led to this rather unscheduled meeting in Loosdrecht.
Thanks again for the hospitality Johan
Always good to see each other live again, and exchange valuable information as a bonus.

Regards

Henk

Thanks again for the hospitality Johan
Always good to see each other live again, and exchange valuable information as a bonus.

Regards

Henk
What goes for Peter, goes for you as well; you're more than welcome!
Those come-togethers are very beneficial; a true learning experience (and the socializing doesn't hurt either).

Kind regards, Johan

Back