PRINTZ FRIDERICH (1761 - 1780) - danish 70-gun Ship of the Line - 1:48 by Karl I. Malcha

Just Wow!! I have to slow down and be more precise. Your workmanship is brilliant and I learn from you every day. Thank you.

Hallo friends,
I realized, that it is already more than one month ago, that I posted here the last photos.....sorry for this longer period.....

The capstans
L1020586.JPG

L1020594.JPG

L1020589.JPG

and installed

L1020639.JPG

L1020643.JPG

L1020644.JPG

L1020645.JPG

further construction of the deck-beams

L1020629.JPG

L1020646.JPG

Many Thanks for your interest ..... to be continued .....

The time is running very fast
Sorry for this delay - Today I can show you some more progress on the beams and some details like stairs etc.

L1020711.JPG

L1020714.JPG

L1020715.JPG

also everything was prepared for the tiller
L1020833.JPG

L1020757.JPG

L1020698a.jpg

I promise, that the next bunch of photos will not last so long

Nice to see you again here Kar I have been wondering about your absence. About your BUILD the is ABSOLUTELY nothing to complain. a through MASTERWORK. I do not know your Tool Room and tools being used, but I have something in my mind, that you are like me: As little of the professional tools. It can be seen, that you are a Wood lover and know how to use it in your favour. When I was a Boy and young, on my mother side they were all Fishermen's and sailors, where on my after side Carpenter- my father and brother- with a big carpenters tool room. your work reminds mi on my youth

It seems, that the time is running every month faster - already so long time ago, since the last update

Here some more impressions of the interior works of the rooms

L1030005.JPG

L1030012.JPG

you can see here the top end of the rudder
L1030304.JPG

the view done to the rudder tiller
L1030306.JPG

the complete system in top view
L1030308.JPG

and here the cover over the top of the rudder
L1030313.JPG

Many Thanks for your interest .... to be continued

Use of a model: with this dramatic foto-shop-scenery the danish journal "Historie" illustrated the stranding of the "Printz Friderich" when her wreck was found in 2018.
(She ran aground in these minutes 240 years ago near the danish island Laesoe / Kattegat, 28th of September 11.00 p.m. Central European Time. 7 lives lost, round about 570 saved within the next days, the crew generated 8 additional babies the Laesoe priest remarked)
BTW: I am not sure whether this ist the right thread for my post, please excuse if so.L1070016.JPG

. . . the crew generated 8 additional babies the Laesoe priest remarked . . .

One really attractive thing about stranding at islands like Læsø: All the men are at sea most of the time so all females, married or not, are easy prey ;)
Though, according to the church book, only 4 bastard offspring was baptized 9-15 months after the stranding. But of course the sailors may have produced also quite a few legitimate children in addition. And who knows if a husband or two have decided to acknowledge paternity even if they were far away from home at the time of conception Speechless. Læsø is a rather small island (today less than 1800 inhabitants). Imagine that womenfolk all over the island had to house more than 500 virile sailors :cool:.

Back