PRINTZ FRIDERICH (1761 - 1780) - danish 70-gun Ship of the Line - 1:48 by Karl I. Malcha

Many thanks for the compliments, but it is just the work of ten fingers and some tools.
We have had a visit to the Laesoe Museum in summer. They are excavating the wrecksite of the Printz Friderich (she ran aground on September 28th 1780) and show some finds in their exhibition "Havets hemmiligheder".
Many greetings from just south of the danish border.
Karl
Ich bin ganz sisher, dass man nur braucht 19 finger etc..Ich ya mer als 40 Jahre Holzschiffe gebaut- 2 mal Norske Love (die schwerster) von kits gebaut. Forehere auch round 20 Jahre plast modelle -auch schiffe,gebaut, aber jetz gehts es zur ende. erste bild ist 40 Jahre alt. Die Zweite ein typische Fischerboote entlang sie Westküste. Glaube dass diese shiff- kling gebaut- is noch in die familie in Dänemark, round 25 jahre alt. Ein copi von mein onkels goot im Blokhus. und es war abgebaut zur ihm

NORSKE LOVE.jpgMINE BYGGEDE SKIBE - copia - copia.jpg

Ich bin ganz sisher, dass man nur braucht 19 finger etc..Ich ya mer als 40 Jahre Holzschiffe gebaut- 2 mal Norske Love (die schwerster) von kits gebaut. Forehere auch round 20 Jahre plast modelle -auch schiffe,gebaut, aber jetz gehts es zur ende. erste bild ist 40 Jahre alt. Die Zweite ein typische Fischerboote entlang sie Westküste. Glaube dass diese shiff- kling gebaut- is noch in die familie in Dänemark, round 25 jahre alt. Ein copi von mein onkels goot im Blokhus. und es war abgebaut zur ihm
den original model. mein onkel am die rechte site

BLOKHUS 3.jpg

I am a kit builder not an arsenal
Over the year I have see many scratch build arsenal type and your build is really on the top of the list
Building a model that is neglected by modeller is even more recommended will follow your build and learn from you
Thumbs-Up

Time is running and I realized, that it is already one month ago, when I posted the last group of photos......
Today I can show the completed beams and carling structure of the main gun deck - prepared to take over the planking.
The construction of beams etc. was the same like before at the lower deck

This drawing I was already showing once, to get an impression
längsschnitt2.jpeg

and here a cross section
2015-05-11-11-39-14-Gü.jpeg

Now at the model the preparation for the gun-deck

L1010895.JPG

L1010896.JPG

L1010897.JPG

L1010901.JPG

In the next post I will be able to show the work on the planking of the gun deck

Many thanks for the interest ..... to be continued ......

Hallo my friend Karl Ingwer, alias @kalliboot ,
we wish you all the Best and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Sorry for the late announcement, but I was today travelling to pick up our new puppy.
Enjoy the Rest of the day - and hope that you celebrated the day with your family
Birthday-Cake

Hallo friends,
thank you for the bithday - congratulations and the kind remarks to the "Printz Friderich" in the past.
I can announce that the model of her is finished precisely on the day of her stranding in 1780 (September 28).
I think Uwe will post some more photos in the future.
L1070297.jpg

the images of that real boat belonged to my eldest uncle, who later was know of one of Denmarks marine painter.. www.niels jensen.com-fisherman and painter.one of his most known paints. Where you see Stormy Weather, Danger, Dead (the scull =known in Denmark as the Klaubtermann) When he laUFGH IT MEANS, THAT HE IS SAYING" THAT YOU SAVED YOUR LIFE THIS TIME(THE CROSS) but that I will get you next time. You see to the praying family. I, as I have been myself at sea in troubled water in the North Sea, I swear to-as most Seamen - that we have seen The Klauterman. I know that these notes should not be here so I apologise from aLL MY HEART-

dc8e6c4a4a49f652538258960a220ca9.jpg

It is now already a longer time ago, that I posted some photos of the construction.......
Today the deck planking works of the main gun deck

But first of all the contemporary drawing of the longitudinal section so you can see where we are - the cross section I showed already in the last post
2015-07-07-07-59-28-Gü.jpeg

Here a sketch of the cross section, showing in detail the deck construction
L1010946.JPG

the waterways installed, visible also parts of the beams (construction out of three parts was already shown in a previous post), carlings, knees etc.
L1010960.JPG

Prepared king-planks (hope this is the correct term) with the notches for the beams
L1010942.JPG

unconventionel fixing of the waterways, but it is working very well
L1010949.JPG

L1010955.JPG

finished deck planking
L1010962.JPG

L1010965.JPG

L1020075.JPG

Many thanks for the interest ...... more to come

Back