Prostate Biopsy

Donnie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator

Dear Friends,
it seems that I have a PSA (Protien Specific Antogen) reading that is way above normal and I must undergo a Prostate Biopsy next week. I think things will be ok.

Donnie

Fingers crossed for you Donnie but I am sure everything will be OK.As Barry says it is always better to be safe than sorry.

Kind Regards

Nigel

Update:
Tuesday (3 days ago) was procedure. Blood still in urine, today about 3ml each time. It was about 5 to 6 ml earlier. The main problem is a lot of burning after urination yesterday and today only.
The doctor prescribed 2 antibiotics: Cipro and Bactrim taken only for 3 days. Taken the day before, on the day of biopsy, and the day after of biopsy, they also gave me a shot of Rosephin on the day of procedure.
I was thinking, man, that’s a lot of antibiotics and then the shot on top of that.
Also running fever 99.9 and taking Tylenol to keep it down. I just took Advil (NSAID) thinking that would stop this burning in the Urethra. Sorry for details, but this has been more to it than I thought it was going to be.
Haven’t touch the ship all week. Been home from work. I am calling doc tomorrow about this burning.
Thanks guys. I appreciate the thoughts. It will be all ok at some point.

My thoughts are with you my friend - keep your head up

Back