Questions about lumber options for the canoe build.

Dave, your the man of the hour!

Thanks for your hard work and giving us a good discount to get this group build going.

Any chance you kept a set for yourself to build one with us?

Yesterday ordered from Sergey. Today got the tracking number.
Perfect service ! I will report :)

Today received the "small parcel" from Russia. Only 14 days, with 5 days in german custom. That is quite fast.

The lumber looks very, very good.

_1018535-w1024.jpg

On the right, there is a "gift" with additional stripes. Thank you very much for that.

_1018539-w1024.jpg

Now it is time to start the build log ;)

matz

Today received the "small parcel" from Russia. Only 14 days, with 5 days in german custom. That is quite fast.

View attachment 163893

On the right, there is a "gift" with additional stripes. Thank you very much for that.

View attachment 163894

matz

Maybe it won't be to bad a wait to the US ?

That stuff looks very nice.

EJ

Fingers crossed.... Hope you are right.!!

I just checked the Russian tracking. I have two packages coming and both are still in Russia. I cross-checked with the USPS and they say the same thing. Still in Russia. ***sigh*** :oops::(Cautious
Might take 3-4 weeks

Well, I waited for 7 1/2 weeks for a meter of mini twisted stainless steel wire to arrive from Australia. But, I got a tracking notice from USPS that my wood from Dave will be delivered TOMORROW!!
YAY. Now - cherry or cedar? Cedar or cherry? cherry or cedar? MMMMMM.

EJ

Well, I waited for 7 1/2 weeks for a meter of mini twisted stainless steel wire to arrive from Australia. But, I got a tracking notice from USPS that my wood from Dave will be delivered TOMORROW!!

EJ

Thats good to hear. Maybe my order will be along shortly.!!??!!?? I'm relying on Dave also...since my order from Russia is apparently going to be a while.!!

EJ

The post office "informed delivery" first said the package would arrive by 4:00 pm today. Now it says it's running late and should be delivered by 8:00 pm. However, it's now 9:25 pm. HMMMM.

Maybe tomorrow.

EJ

View attachment 163893

View attachment 163894

matz
Matz, you are a lucky guy.
My package was brought to post by Sergey at the 25th of June already, and passed the russian custom at 29th - since this day it is laying there (according tracking) - since 2 weeks no movement - seems, that they really keep some parcels 2 weeks in quarantine ..... Hope that the parcel is "moving" soon - Matz you are a lucky guy !!!

Well, Santa came in July!

Lky9SFm.jpg

Today I got my cedar and cherry lumber bundles from Dave. They look very nice.

Cedar

Lb0rSd4.jpg

Cherry

fwnGGWt.jpg

Plenty of extra stripwood for breaking and color selection. THANKS DAVE!

Base boards and station material.

xboO9qP.jpg

Now, to decide which wood to start with.

EJ

Back