Questions, primarily to owners of Proxxon DH 40

Personally, I would remove the yellow (Curved) cover above where the wood exits and replace with a DIY cover with a Vacuum port. It seems most of the chips exit from this area of the machine.
Anyway, here is some thing I found on Youtube:

Hi Poul,

I don t understand why the proxxon DH 40 is so expensive in Denmark. Here in Netherlands I paid €489,-. If I were you I would buy it in Germany via Amazone for €458,- incl shipping or DKK 3412,-. PS you can also join the Euro, makes live a lot easier. :)
I decided to ignore the severe rectal pain and 'door de zure appel bijten'. I ordered this expensive tool using the link you posted.
In another thread here at SoS I have noticed some not so nice innuendos that the small company ZHL is taking financial advantages from the Covid19 situation. Personally I don't believe that for a second, but if somebody are indeed benefitting from the pandemic it must be guys like Jeff Bezos. The surged online retail business due to the pandemic are sending billions of $ his way. And as if that wasn't enough the price suddenly changed as by magic from 458€ to 493€ when I placed the order. After the order was placed it also turned out that the announced shipping cost was only valid for customers in Germany and Austria:
1598963653516.png
It is still cheaper than in Denmark though, but I'm not giving Jeff Bezos any Kudos for that. Germany already had a much lower VAT than Denmark and due to the Corona Crisis Germany has reduced their VAT further from 19% to 16%. I think that is the main reason for the price difference, Maarten . No Danish shops can compete against a German internet shop when they have to pay 10% more of the sales price in VAT.

Hello Poul- Tillykke! The DH40 is a great little thickness planer BUT do not overload it by taking too much off with each pass- you will develop a feel for it. Also make sure you are able to purchase spare blades. Remove the protective covers periodically as shavings tend to accumulate inside. Oh yes don't let it get a hold of your credit card again as it has already planed off EUR 504,65!

By accident I ordered parallel also the Proxxon DH40 but directly by an austrian online-shop
proxxon hobel.JPG

Here the price is 477 Euro with free postage (inside austria)

By accident I ordered parallel also the Proxxon DH40 but directly by an austrian online-shop

Yes, I have looked at that side many times, I also tried to place an order,on their DE site witch was even cheaper (458 Euro) but it requested me to create an account and as soon as I entered my e-mail address with a DK domain it refused to accept it. I think they will not ship to Denmark at all :(
1598973424572.png

View attachment 176595

arrived very well packed with fast delivery
and also tested - and it works very well

Proxxon Thicknesser DH 40

IMG-4273.jpg

IMG-4274.jpg

"Got a Royal Caroline for my wife . . . best trade I've ever made."
Do you mean you bought FOR her the Royal Caroline, or EXCHANGED her for this kit. In which case you will have a couple of years of pleasure.

"Got a Royal Caroline for my wife . . . best trade I've ever made."
Do you mean you bought FOR her the Royal Caroline, or EXCHANGED her for this kit. In which case you will have a couple of years of pleasure.
What do you think? . . . Or should I say, what are you thinking about?
(Hope I do not offend any German friends with this)

What do you think? . . . Or should I say, what are you thinking about?
(Hope I do not offend any German friends with this)
we have really a problem with the pronunciation of your "th"

"we are sinking we are sinking" - "what you are sinking about?"

50% of us Germans (and I am German) are talking like this -
Very good, that here in SOS I do not need to pronounce english words

"The thing that" - in german it sound like "se sing sat"

Sorry to be off topic now ...... back to the actual purchases

Seriously. Encountered first problem with DH40- on smaller pieces, if the ends of the blanks aren't squared or uneven thickness, the machine chews them up. I am very careful to narrow the opening slowly, but even 0.05 mm reductions don't allow smooth passage. I needed a blank of 4.77 mm thickness and 5cms length and don't want to waste a piece much longer. ? any ideas

Seriously. Encountered first problem with DH40- on smaller pieces, if the ends of the blanks aren't squared or uneven thickness, the machine chews them up. I am very careful to narrow the opening slowly, but even 0.05 mm reductions don't allow smooth passage. I needed a blank of 4.77 mm thickness and 5cms length and don't want to waste a piece much longer. ? any ideas
How'bout fixing them small pieces on the top of a long piece

Thank you- the obvious is genius. With thinner pieces, probably need to square off and temporary stick to sled. The "grab" must pull it sideways and cause tilt.

Last edited:
WARNING! Just a heads up about a scam going on at Amazon.

Since the price for the Proxxon thicnesser was not as expensive in Germany as in Denmark I browsed Amazon.de for a lathe. I found a used paulimot PM190-V with tip-width 400mm and 500W motor with frequency inverter, for only 406 Euro and free delivery. It did smell a little fishy since the price was only 1/3 of new price and transport of >80kg from Germany does not come cheap. But since it was quite a reputable seller I sent him an e-mail asking about the condition. This is where the retarded scammer made a big mistake. He answered promptly that it was brand new and in original packing. When something sounds too good to be true . . . .

In the mean time the ad had disappeared form Amazon but then there were 3 new ads from other sellers offering 8 pcs. of this lathe for the same price. I started a chat with Amazon asking if it could be some kind of scam but they denied that this could be the case.

Then I wrote an e-mail to paulimot asking if they possibly had a batch of lathes stolen. A very competent lady wrote me back that they had not had any lathes stolen but it is a scam they are aware of. She also wrote: "we have many times reported these fraudulent offers to Amazon. Unfortunately, Amazon does not seem to be able to handle these problems"

The scammers hack a number of Amazon seller accounts of sellers with good reputation and a lot of 5 star feedback. They also change the e-mail address on the sellers Amazon profile. Then they offer different products (not only paulimot but expensive products from many different producers) to a very low price. If you order one of these product, it will not be delivered. In fact, your order will be cancelled. The fraudster will then contact you and ask you to transfer the purchase price directly outside of Amazon.

Last edited:
WARNING! Just a heads up about a scam going on at Amazon.

Since the price for the Proxxon thicnesserwas not as expensive in Germany as in Denmark I browsed Amazon.de for a lathe. I found a used paulimot PM190-V with tip-width 400mm and 500W motor with frequency inverter, for only 406 Euro and free delivery. It did smell a little fishy since the price was only 1/3 of new price and transport of >80kg from Germany does not come cheap. But since it was quite a reputable seller I sent him an e-mail asking about the condition. This is where the retarded scammer made a big mistake. He answered promptly that it was brand new and in original packing. When something sounds too good to be true . . . . In the mean time the ad had disappeared form Amazon but then there were 3 new ads from other sellers offering 8 pcs. of this lathe for the same price. I started a chat with Amazon asking if it could be some kind of scam but they denied that this could be the case.

Then I wrote an e-mail to paulimot asking if they possibly had a batch of lathes stolen. A very competent lady wrote me back that they had not had any lathes stolen but it is a scam they are aware of. She also wrote: "we have many times reported these fraudulent offers to Amazon. Unfortunately, Amazon does not seem to be able to handle these problems"

The scammers hack a number of Amazon seller accounts of sellers with good reputation and a lot of 5 star feedback. They also change the e-mail address on the sellers Amazon profile. Then they offer different products (not only paulimot but expensive products from many different producers) to a very low price. If you order one of these product, it will not be delivered. In fact, your order will be cancelled. The fraudster will then contact you and ask you to transfer the purchase price directly outside of Amazon.
Many thanks for this warning - yes, I realized also such offers "Used, but like new" for a very low price - be very very careful !!!!!

Back