Ragusian Carrack XVI c (MarisStella) - Scale 1:59 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Very Interesting way
With the use of the putty you are also immitating the caulking between the planks - and partly it is staying also inside the grain of the timber.
Somehow slightly you are getting this "weathered" look - on your model it is looking very good
Thank you!
I scraped off all the excess putty so that it was not in the wood grain.
Only nails and caulk left! The wood just got darker because of the oil-based putty!

Olha,

Here in about 3 weeks I'll be starting the masts and rigging on my Montanes. For inspiration I have your YouTube Victory build flagged in my favorite's list. Wow.

I gotta make me a rope walk!! Your current build looks incredible.
Without Olha, I would never have learned how to make wonderfully billowed sails. I'm one of her fans.

Hallo Olha,
your guns and gun tackles are looking very good - very good appearance
I have only the feeling that the tackling is a way too short, means the eyebolt for pushing back for loading the gun is not placed well.
No offense - it is looking good, but technically it would not work on a real ship
in red I marked the maximum distance for the tackle to push back the gun - with green this would be appr. the location of the end of the muzzle
144 - guns.jpg

Due to the small size of the gunport the gun could not be loaded, so it should be pushed back so much, that the gun would be completely inside and could be loaded, so somehow minimum 50cm inside the wall, so that the canonball could be lifted into the muzzle......
some images to make my point more clear
12pounder.jpg canhão antigo 11.jpg

cannon 16.jpg

These are the tools for loading and cleaning a gun muzzle
Cannon-Tools-compressed-768x638.jpg

like I mentioned before, just a hint for the future

Back