Ragusian Carrack XVI c (MarisStella) - Scale 1:59 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Hi,
I will paint the lower hull up to the water line of my current build to simulate pitch pine tarring but I am interested why you used the Montana graffiti black paint for your hull. I see it is a cellulosic paint, does this give a better "tar" effect on bare wood than matt black acrylics which I would normally use?

Wonderful detailing of the stern - I am learning a lot about model building looking back through your YouTube videos! Thank you for your time and effort to do that!

Hi,
I will paint the lower hull up to the water line of my current build to simulate pitch pine tarring but I am interested why you used the Montana graffiti black paint for your hull. I see it is a cellulosic paint, does this give a better "tar" effect on bare wood than matt black acrylics which I would normally use?

Wonderful detailing of the stern - I am learning a lot about model building looking back through your YouTube videos! Thank you for your time and effort to do that!
Thank you!

This paint fits well without a primer and does not require a finishing layer! Just saves time three times!

I came to this machine after 10 Years of experience with similar tools and I can confidently say that though other manufacturers’ products were suitable for one or other type of work, the Byrnes table saw can do everything you need it to do. I have been using it for two years now and would like to show you its capabilities...

Hi. I am interested in the final finish that you use on your historic ships. Do you use finishing oil (Tung/Danish oil) and/or lacquer/varnish or, do you leave the wood unfinished in its natural state?

Thanks again!

Hi. I am interested in the final finish that you use on your historic ships. Do you use finishing oil (Tung/Danish oil) and/or lacquer/varnish or, do you leave the wood unfinished in its natural state?

Thanks again!
Hello!
On this model, I have already started to cover the decks with shellac (yellow). But I will finally cover the whole hull with tung oil (2-3 layers) after the final completion of all details.
Here are videos about different finishes for models:
Post in my blog about this:

Hello!
On this model, I have already started to cover the decks with shellac (yellow). But I will finally cover the whole hull with tung oil (2-3 layers) after the final completion of all details.
Here are videos about different finishes for models:
Post in my blog about this:
Hi,

thank you very much. I hadn't found that video, it is just the information I needed! I have painted all my models so far, but for my current build I would like to leave it as "wood" which would be correct for that type of ship. It would be a disaster to get to the end of the build and use the wrong finish, or one that just doesn't look right - and I have no experience of what is "right".

Many thanks again.

Back