Request help identifying the type of tree

When you are searchin for wood. To practise your cutting try cherry. You can find furniture of cherry on fles market very easy. I use this too. It's not so hard

Hello dear friends
I usually do sporty walks in the streets of my city, and from time to time people put pieces of wood and furniture so that people can take for reuse.
I focus on trying to find objects that can be reused for the benefit of building wooden models. In my country unlike in Europe and the United States there is a difficulty in locating Swiss pear wood boxwood and the like. In addition I also do this for the sake of sustainability. So what am I asking of you friends, to help me identify the wooden snake from which we built the beautiful chair I found a term for delivery.
thanks shota :)
View attachment 268207View attachment 268208View attachment 268209View attachment 268210
I would say beech too looking at the grain

Hello dear friends
I usually do sporty walks in the streets of my city, and from time to time people put pieces of wood and furniture so that people can take for reuse.
I focus on trying to find objects that can be reused for the benefit of building wooden models. In my country unlike in Europe and the United States there is a difficulty in locating Swiss pear wood boxwood and the like. In addition I also do this for the sake of sustainability. So what am I asking of you friends, to help me identify the wooden snake from which we built the beautiful chair I found a term for delivery.
thanks shota :)
View attachment 268207View attachment 268208View attachment 268209View attachment 268210
Good evening, in my opinion and between Maple and Beech, I am posting a file

Attachments

• beatrice_giliberti_le_essenze_legnose.pdf
    2.4 MB · Views: 3
In my years making bows we used to get into these discussions all the time. One of the "rules" I decided on was if you're in Europe and you're looking at furniture there is a real good chance that it's Beech. Very popular furniture wood.

HI GUYS I HAVE USED A LOT OF BEECH RECENTLY TO ME GOOD ALL PURPOSE WOOD AND WITH SOME POLY IT SURE DOES LOOK LIKE OAK, ALSO BEEN USING SOME ALDER, WHITE OAK AND YELLOWHEART. GOD BLESS STAY SAFE ALL DON

Dear Friends
First I would like to thank you for referring to my question, apparently there was a misunderstanding as to which pictures I asked for reference. I asked to refer to the photos in post # 24. I found today next to my hotel a sculpture workshop that does a clearance sale and he offered me two types of square and round. At the end I took the round which I must say I have not long encountered such a weight of wood, it has a beautiful shade and great density. For those who come to Augsburg I would love to see the tree and hear its opinion. Of course even those who do not come, are welcome to continue to comment.

Back