Status
Not open for further replies.

Donnie

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Forum Moderator
Le Rochefort Moderator

For anyone that wishes to offer up prayers for me. I have been down in my back (I think nerve pain resulting in an injury). I have been out of work now for a solid 2 weeks. I have been under doctors' care all this time and the next step is either an MRI or perhaps a chiropractor might help.
This is where I am not sure what to do. The Chiropractor can only take X-rays of which is NOT going to show nerve and soft tissue damage. But, it WILL show misalignment of the spine.
So, maybe an MRI is in order, but it is the cost that I am worried about and even though I do have insurance, it is the cop-pay that might be steep.
At any rate, but some good ole fashion moral support would be nice.

Last night I was feeling so much better, I took the Admiral out for supper. Just the short ride in the car aggravated it so much that I was up almost to see the early morning sun come up. I was hurting so bad, I was nauseated and in a great deal of pain.

Thanks for your thoughts

Donald

Sorry to hear your down. I've had back problems since I was 21, had a disk removed and damaged the next one up. I think the MRI is the way to go. Have them check to see what copayment is, mine is the same as a doctor visit so not too bad. If you don't take care of it, it will not get better unless it's just a muscle you still need rest. Take care and get better. Eric

Stay positive nothing is more important than your attitudes to the illness, Donnie! Now it is time for us to do something for you...

Music is medicine - so hopefully you like to listen to something relaxing and slowly an old German song from the romantic era quite unknowm abroad.

Schubert, Franz (1797-1828)
The Winter Journey N°24

The Hurdy-Gurdy Player

There, beyond the village,
stands a hurdy-gurdy player;
with numb fingers
he plays as best he can.
Bare-foot on the ice
he totters to and fro,
|:and his little plate
remains forever empty.:|

No one wants to listen,
no one looks at him,
and the dogs growl
around the old man.
And he lets everything go on
as it will;
|:he plays, and his hurdy-gurdy
never stops.:|

Strange old man,
shall I go with you?
Will you turn your hurdy-gurdy
to my songs?

English Translation by Richard Wigmore

Hope this helps, Chris

Donnie, you have as much supp
For anyone that wishes to offer up prayers for me. I have been down in my back (I think nerve pain resulting in an injury). I have been out of work now for a solid 2 weeks. I have been under doctors' care all this time and the next step is either an MRI or perhaps a chiropractor might help.
This is where I am not sure what to do. The Chiropractor can only take X-rays of which is NOT going to show nerve and soft tissue damage. But, it WILL show misalignment of the spine.
So, maybe an MRI is in order, but it is the cost that I am worried about and even though I do have insurance, it is the cop-pay that might be steep.
At any rate, but some good ole fashion moral support would be nice.

Last night I was feeling so much better, I took the Admiral out for supper. Just the short ride in the car aggravated it so much that I was up almost to see the early morning sun come up. I was hurting so bad, I was nauseated and in a great deal of pain.

Thanks for your thoughts

Donald
ort and pray assistance as I am able to send your way. Pain and back pain is an extremely difficult issue to have to live with. Years ago I had to have a spinal root block injection for a pinched nerve down between L4 and L5. Luckily it worked the first time as it was as painful as I could stand while the doc kept pushing the needle deeper to my stopping point. Take what gentle life style care that you can together with knowing we are with you. Rich (PT-2)

Donnie, my thoughts and prayers go out to you.

Fortunately, here in the UK we still have the remnants of a fast eroding National Health Service. Something the USA could provide for it's citizens, yet doesn't. Bottom line there, are all the vested interests in taking advantage of your misery.

I've had degenerative spinal issues for over 30 years which have ruined my life.
I've endured every medical procedure available including several lumbar punctures and a myelogramme, had x-rays, MRI and CT scans.
I was even told I had spinal cancer in 1994, with less than a year to live! It was a good six months before that diagnosis was changed to a cyst. So here I am. Still.
It's a long story. It took a long time to accept nothing meaningful could be done.
Back pain, to most people, is a joke.... until it happens to them.

Hopefully, you will get your issues resolved and your life back (?) on track. What's been done has been done and you may have to make some adjustments to your lifestyle.
Never forget your good nature, your love for life and others. It's no good beating yourself up over something you may have no control.

My best wishes for a full and complete recovery.

Sending prayers and moral support for your wellness Donnie. I know many others in SOS join in flooding the heavens with prayers for you. There is power in prayers. Keep your spirits up.

I've had severe back pain maybe a dozen time in my life (in most cases if I have been working standing in a bent over position for too many hours) . When it hits I can't stand up, I can't sit and it is even much worse if I lay down on a bed. Once it is there it dosn't go away by itself. It is self-perpetuating. Pain killers like paracetamol etc. has no effect whatsoever no matter how many I take. The only thing that works for me is an OD on Ibuprofen (NSAID). If I take 3 x 400 mg at a time the pain recedes. I may repeat at aprox. 4 hours interval but max 3 times. Then I sleep on my back directly on the hard floor for a couple of nights and after 1-2 days I'm as good as new. But of course, the types of back pain are almost legion and excluding snake-oil there is no such thing as panacea.

Dear Donny.

Two years ago I lifted 50 kg (110 lbs) cement packs. (God knows why I did at this age)

And I had back pain a few hours later. After three days I had cramp in all muscles on my left leg at the same time when I was sleeping. (Literally every muscles on my left leg.) I can not define the pain I suffered with the words now.

Then went to doctor and MRI. They found that I had spinal hernia between L4 and L5 disks. Nerves were about to touch the bones at that place. Doctor said nothing to worry about until get worse and adviced me to go to an expert physiotherapist about this kind of hernia.

I took 10 session of physiotherapy and my pains almost finished gradually.

Now I'm taking care of myself. I dont lift heavy objects, dont make any sudden moves and I'm careful about resting position in bed.

I'm ok now. And I'm sure you'll be ok soon.

I wrote my story because at that time I felt like I'm dying but doctors said "yes there is an illnes but not worse as I thougt."

Staying positive is an important key for recovery.

Sending prayers and moral support for your wellness.

I wish you to get well soon.

Best regards from Turkey.

Last edited:
I want to thank you all from my heart. The positive outreach means a lot.
I actually did it to myself as I “think” what I did was working on my ship in an awkward side bending motion and not taking a break and relax for a while. It was not until the next day when I made a turn around move on my feet is when it happens.
I looked up some physical excersize to do and I am trying that out. At least this is what I am taking from your conversations: it takes a while for these things to heal.
It also makes me realize that others have suffered much worse and my understanding goes out to all of you that suffer worse.
Donald

Donnie, I had already read this post this afternoon and hesitated to respond. Now with your last reply anyway a response from me. Hopefully getting the right words in English.
In 2006 I broke l2, L3 and L4 in a paragliding accident. Thanks to an enthusiastic physio I was able to fly again after six months. However, L1 to L5 secured with bolts and 2 rods. That iron was taken out after 1.5 years.
Now I do a few specific exercises every morning to activate the muscles around the back and support the back. After a few months I didn't know any better and every morning it's become a habit. With always small steps forward. And now I skate, mountain bike, ski and run again.
I'm pretty sure good exercises from your physio will also give you relief for your back. Take good care of yourself!
I hope for a lot of progress.
Regards, Peter.

Sorry to hear that, Donnie.
Yes, God bless you. For sure You will be on my prayers.
Never underestimate the power of prayer. God is the “Hearer of Prayer.” Even if our prayers seem to go unanswered, this does not mean that God did not hear them.
The Bible assures us: “The desire of those fearing [God] he will perform, and their cry for help he will hear, and he will save them.” (Psalm 145:19).
Hope you like this reading about how God promises that soon all of our suffering will end. I hope you like this reading: https://www.jw.org/en/library/books/suffering-end-tract/will-suffering-ever-end/

I also hope you find the best medical procedure to alleviate your pain.
Keep us informed of any changes in your condition.
May God bless you and listen to all of your friends prayers in this forum.

Last edited:
I feel your pain. Been inside the MRI tube way too many times. I am not a fan of chiropractor adjustments; however, it works for some. I have done acupuncture (paid out of pocket as those in my insurance were not rated that high), and I found relief there (for arthritis in my hip and knee). Yes, the MRI can cost a bundle (I have the VA as a fallback), but it allowed the neurosurgeon to say—no surgery, work on managing the pain. Which, I have and my body has learned what hurts and what doesn’t. However, I still do stupid stuff and live with an ice pack for a few days. As my dad use to say: sucks getting old, but gotta learn to deal with it. And like him, I am lucky to have a supportative spouse that I think helps from getting depressed. A beacon of light, even when I start to go down a bit, brings me back up.

Love too you and get well

Thoughts and best wishes Donnie, there is a great group of people here with lots if good advice that may help.

Thank you all. I really appreciate it. I finally have an MRI appointment feb 24th. It seem the pain is now getting better but at the same time seems now more isolated to one area of my hip.
I am thinking now I might have a stress fracture. Tomorrow will tell.
You all know that I claim to be a man of faith, but not perfect by any means.
I do put my trust in the Lord that he knows best and as it says in the book of Romans 8:28 “ and we know that ALL things work to the good for those that love the Lord and are called according to his purpose and plans”
Get on board, because he truly loves us all.
We all suffer pain during our lives. This is how we can learn to relate to others. If we never experienced any discomfort then we would not know how to comfort others in the same situation.
But God rich in his mercy will bring healing at the appointed time.

Last edited:
Prayers.
Yes, they do help a lot.
Be very sure that God hears “All of our prayers”.
Jeremiah 29:12 “ And you will call me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you”.
This is very peaceful, to know that He listens.

I wouldnt put all my eggs in a basket to a false god.. .. how do people in this day and age even relate.. it's ridiculous.... believe what ever you want... I know people here will give me a hard time on this one... But how can anyone believe in this garbage after so much death.... violence, lies,,, covid... and you still want to believe in a god? Please ,, spare me..

Sorry you feel so sad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back