Revell 1/570 RMS Titanic built as the wreck discovered in 1986

I plan on following a youtube tutorial on modeling the wreck of RMS Titanic. I will use the 1/570 Revell model as it is an old molding and has fitting issues, which is perfect for the amount of destruction that will be modeled.

28feb2020 004.jpg

The wreck model will be small, 10 inches (25 cm) by 2 inches (5 cm) for the bow section shown here, but the look will be the same

Titanic wreck image II.jpg

Reference material will come mostly from these books and online.

3apr2021 006.jpg

So far just mock-up of the break and some detail added to the forecastle.

3apr2021 007.jpg

This is a very interesting idea - I am looking forward to see the ship sinking

just remembered your Arizona Memorial project - did you finish it in the meantime?
Nevertheless you got already some experience with such a model.....

Thanks Uwe! I never give up on any of my projects, just if I get to a point that I am not sure how to fix or how to proceed, I place it on the back burner, and work on one of my many other projects.

Thank you Anchorman, for your words of encouragement!

I have started organizing the upper decks with the expansion joint split, removing the roof of the bridge, opening the forward hatches and although not to true scale, the chains, bollards and capstans will look better. Also, I ordered from Tom's Model Works the photo etch set, mostly for the cranes and railings.

9apr2021 003.jpg

The concept of doing the ship as the wreck has always intrigued me; ever since I saw the movie model on display from Titanic. I have two 1/350 Academy kits in my stash, and now that I'm building the 1/200 version, there may be a 'wreck' in my future. ;) I look forward to seeing your build progress and any hints you may offer on how you achieved the various effects on the model.

I plan on following a youtube tutorial on modeling the wreck of RMS Titanic. I will use the 1/570 Revell model as it is an old molding and has fitting issues, which is perfect for the amount of destruction that will be modeled.

The wreck model will be small, 10 inches (25 cm) by 2 inches (5 cm) for the bow section shown here, but the look will be the same

Reference material will come mostly from these books and online.

So far just mock-up of the break and some detail added to the forecastle.
Hallo Shane alais @SigEp Ziggy
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake
Enjoy your special day !
How is your work on the sunken Titanic going? or is she still sailing? ;)

Every build, I hit a stumbling block OR get to painting and stop. This build is the former.
Titanic wreck image II.jpg

I'm been trying to figure out how to do this to the hull

Last edited:
Back