• Ships of Scale has incorportated an extra level of security when you log In. Please follow on-screen prompts to acknowledge that you are not a robot via a "Check Box" or a "Pictorial Check Box Puzzle". This is needed due to higher level of AI Activity Security.
  • SUBSCRIBE TO SHIPS IN SCALE TODAY!

    The beloved Ships in Scale Magazine is back and charting a new course for 2026!
    Discover new skills, new techniques, and new inspirations in every issue.

    NOTE THAT OUR NEXT ISSUE WILL BE July/August 2026
  • Win a Free Custom Engraved Brass Coin!!!
    As a way to introduce our brass coins to the community, we will raffle off a free coin during the month of August. Follow link ABOVE for instructions for entering.

Revell 1/96 Connie, transom and glue for gun deck carriages

Hi Don,
Can't believe I haven't seen your build before. Perhaps it was the title. Anyway, good to see another Connie builder here. You're coming along nicely. I'm working on the BJ kit, but we are in the same boat (pun intended) working on the 1812 version. I have actually used the Revell model for a lot of guidance as I believe they based their model on the Hull model in the Peabody museum. Just wanted to say hi
 
Hi Don,
Can't believe I haven't seen your build before. Perhaps it was the title. Anyway, good to see another Connie builder here. You're coming along nicely. I'm working on the BJ kit, but we are in the same boat (pun intended) working on the 1812 version. I have actually used the Revell model for a lot of guidance as I believe they based their model on the Hull model in the Peabody museum. Just wanted to say hi
My Connie has been on hold while I explored working with wood. I am ordering Ages of Sail cardstock HMS Alert.
I am getting ready to resume the Connie as soon as my Mid west beginner series is finished.
 
My Connie has been on hold while I explored working with wood. I am ordering Ages of Sail cardstock HMS Alert.
I am getting ready to resume the Connie as soon as my Mid west beginner series is finished.
I am going to rig my Connie and Alert with linen instead of the rigging thread you get with the kits.
 
Back
Top