Rigging

Love ya work. So on that theory as all masts and yards are built with sails and all rigging off ship do you then start from the bottom sail and tie off as you go then work up the ship
After the 3 masts are on ship and standard rigging done is this correct on what i read
Cheers snowy
Ps as my first ship with 21 sails and crowsnest× 3 cheers

Ok maybe badly written
1 all masts and yards with all rigging built off ship
2 put sails on yards with all rigging fixed
3 then put masts on ship with standard rigging
4 add yards with sails
5work from bottom to top with sail rigging and all other rigging
How does that sound not there yet Cheers snowy20181104_192922.jpg

Attachments

• 20181104_192918.jpg
    20181104_192918.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 17
Mate
Seriously this is gold
Thanks for all your time and patience
Ive still got main mast to go done fore and mizzen ,oh and bowsprit finished
Thanks again i hope everyone reads this .
I'll post some pics when finished
Just once more thats gold20181004_202219.jpg20181004_202213.jpg

Absolutely the best written explanation I have seen on this subject. I like to do as much as possible off the ship. I usually rig all my blocks to the masts and yards Prior to installing them

Unreal donnie and uwek
Hey uwek I'm just wondering on that theory if lines tyed up in loops if they still come out looking straight.
He must do something
But still another grea idea
Cheers snowy

Just came across this thread WONDERFULL, GREAT EXPLANATION DONNIE, I have come to the point of my GUNBOAT PHILADELPHIA build wher it is time put the mast and spars and do te rigging and I tremble I DO NOT LIKE TO DO THE RIGGING I PREFER TO USE STUB MASTS FOR two reasons ONE IS ROOM AND THE MAIN ONE IS I AM REALLY LOST DOING THIS PART as THE SPRS AND MASTS AND THE RIGGING ON THE PHILADELPHIA IS VERY DETAILED ON THE PLANS AND NOT TO COMPLICATED I AM GOING TRY TO DO IT ON THIS BUILD, MAY HAVE TO ASK FOR HELP A LOT. Don

Thanks Donnie, My first question is the rope I do not like the kit MATERIAL REALLY NOT GOOD SIZES SEEM OK BUT THE COLORS ARE VERY BAD, can someone tell me a good supplier so I can get replacements, LATTER TODAY or TOMORROW I will post pictures of the blocks witch I think are to small for the SIZE OF THE MODEL. THANKS Don

Back