Ropewalk rope scale

I’m trying to create my own rope but always guessing how many lines I need to make a specific size rope. For example if I need a .8 how many lines I need to make this size, is there a table that would lay this out?

I just did my own experimenting and when I found a formula I liked, I wrote it down for future reference. I have 3-4 "go to" sizes for my current build.

There are links placed in your other thread where these questions are asked and answer. Why start a new thread for the same questions? And like Kurt says. Search on rope, rope-walk our similar names to find the answer.

You might want to do a search for Rope Walk before starting a new thread.

We have lots of other threads on this subject which may already have your answer.
You might want to do a search for Rope Walk before starting a new thread.

We have lots of other threads on this subject which may already have your answer.
Already looked and found no answer for it that’s why I did it

Already looked and found no answer for it that’s why I did it
You did not look good. In this topic
that I gave you before in the other thread you started.
You can find all your questions about the ropes you want to make. Lots of members replied and give the information you searching for. You just have to read the replies.
No hard feelings, I'm just helpful. Like all the members that gave you an answer already.

You did not look good. In this topic
that I gave you before in the other thread you started.
You can find all your questions about the ropes you want to make. Lots of members replied and give the information you searching for. You just have to read the replies.
No hard feelings, I'm just helpful. Like all the members that gave you an answer already.
I may not be raining right or looking right but the info I’m reading is not what I’m looking for , for example if I need to make a rope of .8 and I have a thread spool you buy at Michael’s which is very thin, how many lines of that thread I need to make the .8 rope I need. I guess I could start experimenting until I get what I’m looking for but I don’t what to waist time and material, that’s why I’m looking for a scale table to do this if it exists.

Like I said. All the question you can find there even your scale tables. And yes you need to experiment till you get what you want if you use other products then what we where experimented with. And waisting a lot of materials is something that belongs to the proces when you start first time ropemaking. We all did. And building these ships takes time and patience.

I may not be raining right or looking right but the info I’m reading is not what I’m looking for , for example if I need to make a rope of .8 and I have a thread spool you buy at Michael’s which is very thin, how many lines of that thread I need to make the .8 rope I need. I guess I could start experimenting until I get what I’m looking for but I don’t what to waist time and material, that’s why I’m looking for a scale table to do this if it exists.
Must be this post?

Would you be willing to share?
There are a lot of variables… I’m happy to share but I use a specific thread for my ropes and other types, sizes and brands will lead to different results.
If you still think my info would be useful to you, let me know and I’ll post my common sizes formula for my current build (1:48).

I’m trying to create my own rope but always guessing how many lines I need to make a specific size rope. For example if I need a .8 how many lines I need to make this size, is there a table that would lay this out?
1. If you are making a three strand rope (right or left hand twist) each strand will have a diameter one-half the diameter of the finished rope. In your case, a three strand rope of diameter ".8" will have three strands of diameter ".4" each. Note - when you describe your work, you need to include the dimensions you are using i.e. inches, feet, centimeters, millimeters, etc.

There are a lot of variables… I’m happy to share but I use a specific thread for my ropes and other types, sizes and brands will lead to different results.
If you still think my info would be useful to you, let me know and I’ll post my common sizes formula for my current build (1:48).
Sure I would love to know

1. If you are making a three strand rope (right or left hand twist) each strand will have a diameter one-half the diameter of the finished rope. In your case, a three strand rope of diameter ".8" will have three strands of diameter ".4" each. Note - when you describe your work, you need to include the dimensions you are using i.e. inches, feet, centimeters, millimeters, etc.
Thanks

Back