Royal Caroline 1/47 Panart by Messis [COMPLETED BUILD]

Its the oak that came with the kit. I wanted to use tick originaly, but after I saw the wood that was in the kit I realise that it was msybe a better choice. Perhaps not so beautiful as tick, but surely more near to the reality.

I am doing the Caroline right now...I am trying to figure the type of wood for the second planking...what type did you use ,...I like the look....?
You seem to be doing really well..what kind of wood did you use for the second planking ??....walnut...mahogany...?

Dont understand your two last posts. I think I have answer you allready above. Is it something I dont get?

Dont understand your two last posts. I think I have answer you allready above. Is it something I dont get?
Sorry I am just getting to know how to use this ......I see your in Cyprus my son in law is from Cyprus and his mother owns houses there......

His family was originally from Famagusra but now from Parilimni....their last name is Nicolaou......

Oh... we are indeed a small country but still not so tiny. Paralimni is a big village (population 40 000) on east. I am in Limassol city, south west. I come from a very old Limassol (150 0000) family and I thought may be your son in law was from a well known family of Limasol.

Where are you in USA?

Oh... we are indeed a small country but still not so tiny. Paralimni is a big village (population 40 000) on east. I am in Limassol city, south west. I come from a very old Limassol (150 0000) family and I thought may be your son in law was from a well known family of Limasol.

Where are you in USA?
I’m in a town in California called Paso Robles we are located in central California on the coast....

Hello Christos,
I wanted to share how delighted I am to see your careful work. The precision is top-notch and your attention to detail is producing a magnificent ship. I'll be watching and learning. Συνεχίστε την καλή δουλειά!
Paul

@Little Hawk thank you, looking forward to see your work.

@dockattner thank you Paul for your kind words. Its a very flattering post indeed, which makes me feel realy good about my build.

Ofcourse you are very wellcome to follow the build and I am more than willing, if you choose so, to discuss any details you feel are of interest for you.

Good greek! Do you speak greek?

Christos

@Little Hawk thank you, looking forward to see your work.

@dockattner thank you Paul for your kind words. Its a very flattering post indeed, which makes me feel realy good about my build.

Ofcourse you are very wellcome to follow the build and I am more than willing, if you choose so, to discuss any details you feel are of interest for you.

Good greek! Do you speak greek?

Christos
Christos,
Some of my best friends are greek so I know some phrases - and I can understand more than I can say. Mostly I speak Google Translate!
My bride and I visited Cyprus a few years ago following the footsteps of the biblical Apostle Paul. If memory serves we visited Salamis and ancient Paphos. You have a beautiful home in the Mediterranean!
Paul

Chain plates on both sides. Hard monotony!
Chain plates on both sides. Hard monotony@ But still enjoyable to see the whole standing in place waitting the rigging process to begin.

The ladder was also very challenging. The kit shows two ladders, right and left of the royal cabin, but I followed Bellabarba's book, to build only the left ladder. On the right side Bellabarba is showing a closed compartment, which actualy inside of it is the staircase to the lower deck. Both constructions have a side door to enter the staircase, which I havent done, because I believe there were of no use because the staircase is communicating directly with the R.Cabin. The crew that needed to go to the lower deck could do that through the hinter stairs, without passing through the RCabin.Also the dimensions of both construction appear to be very low (1.4 meters) and narrow for the existence of a door.20210130_160302.jpg20210130_160238.jpg

Last edited:
Errare humanum est. After checking Bellabarba drw again and more carefully, it showed I was wrong... the Royal Cabin has no acces to the staircaises (there are two, one on each side). I WAS VERY WRONG! Maybe because it was convinient for me to be so.

The doors are a must on both constructions (even if they are too low 1.4 m), it is the only way down to the lower deck. So I have correct my mistake and done it by Bellabarba's book, not the way the kit shows it (two stairs going on the RC roof and no doors to the staircase) and ofcourse not my way... no doors "because the RC had acces to the staicases"!!!20210131_172931.jpg20210131_172952.jpgmy  wrong way side 1.jpgmy wrong way side 2.jpgcorrected 1.jpgcorrected 2.jpg

Last edited:
Errare humanum est. After checking Bellabarba drw again and more carefully, it showed I was wrong... the Royal Cabin has no acces to the staircaises (there are two, one on each side). I WAS VERY WRONG! Maybe because it was convinient for me to be so.

The doors are a must on both constructions (even if they are too low 1.4 m), it is the only way down to the lower deck. So I have correct my mistake and done it by Bellabarba's book, not the way the kit shows it (two stairs going on the RC roof and no doors to the staircase) and ofcourse not my way... no doors "because the RC had acces to the staicases"!!!View attachment 210061View attachment 210062View attachment 210063View attachment 210064View attachment 210065View attachment 210066
Nice recovery! As a master of doing things over I appreciate the changes you have made.

Back