Royal Caroline 1:50

It has been a long time since I signed up in the Ships of Scale forum. I just finished my 14th model (Robert E. Lee) and am about to start on a new ship, the Royal Caroline 1:50 scale by Max Zeng. This could be my very last build (83 years old) and I want it to be perfect (IMPOSSIBLE)! I do have a problem, however, in that the kit only came with a DVD containing instructions in Chinese. I know that an English version is available. In an earlier forum Max responded that people should contact him directly with questions or complaints and I have endeavored to do so 3 times to no avail. I think I could complete this model without instructions given my past experience, however their availability would certainly help. Has anyone out there built the Royal Caroline using the English version instruction and, if so, would he/she please e-mail me a copy or point me to the site where they might be downloadable.

I have one other problem. I have never been comfortable using Biddlecombe"s book to determine block sizes. It would seem to depend upon the era, the type of ship and its displacement. Can anyone steer me to an simpler reference source, While I haven't opened the Caroline parts envelops, It appears to me that Max's blocks are not completely appropriate.

Thanking you in advance, Paul

Hallo Paul,
a very long and detailed building log is posted by a Moderator of SOS @Maarten

and he is working on a or maybe the best Royal Caroline in 1:30 I know - and maybe he knows about an english manual

Ahoj Paul
práve staviam Royal Caroline od fy Mantua-Panart v mierke 1:47, myslím, že model ZHL a Panart sa nachádza okrem veľkosti vo veľkostiach len v detailoch výzdoby trupu a kormy...mám zoskenovaný návod od Panartu v angličtine, ak by Ti to nejako pomohlo , tak Ti tie skeny pošlem.
Ján J.
@janj.bratislava3293

Hi Paul I am currently building a Royal Caroline by Mantua-Panart in 1:47 scale, I think the ZHL and Panart model is only in the hull and stern decoration details apart from the size, I have a scan of the instructions from Panart in English if It somehow helped you, so I'll send you the scans. Ján J.

Ahoj Paul
práve staviam Royal Caroline od fy Mantua-Panart v mierke 1:47, myslím, že model ZHL a Panart sa nachádza okrem veľkosti vo veľkostiach len v detailoch výzdoby trupu a kormy...mám zoskenovaný návod od Panartu v angličtine, ak by Ti to nejako pomohlo , tak Ti tie skeny pošlem.
Ján J.
@janj.bratislava3293

Hi Paul I am currently building a Royal Caroline by Mantua-Panart in 1:47 scale, I think the ZHL and Panart model is only in the hull and stern decoration details apart from the size, I have a scan of the instructions from Panart in English if It somehow helped you, so I'll send you the scans. Ján J.
Thanks Jani for the offer. I received a full set of instructions on the 1:30 Royal Caroline, also by ZHL, which should be ample help in my construction. I would have liked to build the 1:30 version but my home is already overloaded with ships. I have no ideal where I would have put a model nearly 6 feet long! Thanks again. pdh@nb.net

Thanks Jani for the offer. I received a full set of instructions on the 1:30 Royal Caroline, also by ZHL, which should be ample help in my construction. I would have liked to build the 1:30 version but my home is already overloaded with ships. I have no ideal where I would have put a model nearly 6 feet long! Thanks again. pdh@nb.net
O.K.
želám Ti pevnú ruku pri stavbe :)
Ján J.

Ahoj Paul
Ján J.
@janj.bratislava3293

Thank-you. Every bit helps. My initial problems are, indeed, with the hull. I think ZHL's false deck cuttings are incorrect for they do not match to the transom. Either that or the transom frame and the keel are cut improperly.

Ďakujem. Každý kúsok pomáha. Moje počiatočné problémy sú skutočne s trupom. Myslím si, že falošné rezy paluby ZHL sú nesprávne, pretože sa nezhodujú s priečnikom. Buď to, alebo rám priečnika a kýl sú nesprávne rezané.
moje postupy si môžeš pozrieť v troch prezentáciach na mojom YT kanáli @janj.bratislava3293

It has been a long time since I signed up in the Ships of Scale forum. I just finished my 14th model (Robert E. Lee) and am about to start on a new ship, the Royal Caroline 1:50 scale by Max Zeng. This could be my very last build (83 years old) and I want it to be perfect (IMPOSSIBLE)! I do have a problem, however, in that the kit only came with a DVD containing instructions in Chinese. I know that an English version is available. In an earlier forum Max responded that people should contact him directly with questions or complaints and I have endeavored to do so 3 times to no avail. I think I could complete this model without instructions given my past experience, however their availability would certainly help. Has anyone out there built the Royal Caroline using the English version instruction and, if so, would he/she please e-mail me a copy or point me to the site where they might be downloadable.

I have one other problem. I have never been comfortable using Biddlecombe"s book to determine block sizes. It would seem to depend upon the era, the type of ship and its displacement. Can anyone steer me to an simpler reference source, While I haven't opened the Caroline parts envelops, It appears to me that Max's blocks are not completely appropriate.

Thanking you in advance, Paul
Hallo @Paul D Hall
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

Back