Royal Caroline - scratch - 1:50

Un lavoro meraviglioso e stimulante :oops: , mi piace molto. Congratulazioni.

Wonderful and inspiring work, I really like it, congratulations.

Wow! What a masterpiece! I volunteer as a model shipwright at the USNA museum workshop, and your finished model would present comfortably among the Admiralty models in their historic Ages of Sail collection, as recently pictured on this forum.
Could you elaborate more on the resin carvings, source, availability, for this and other ships as a resource for modelers that want to build historic ships such as yours from scratch and available scales?

Could you elaborate more on the resin carvings, source, availability, for this and other ships as a resource for modelers that want to build historic ships such as yours from scratch and available scales?
THE SCULPTURES WERE MADE BY MODELING EPOXY RESIN BY HAND. IT IS COMPOSED OF 2 COMPONENTS: RESIN AND HARDENER TO BE MIXED IN EQUAL PARTS. THEN YOU HAVE ABOUT AN HOUR TO SHAPE THE SHAPES WITH NEEDLE, GOUGES OR SIMILAR OBJECTS.
THE PLANS USED ARE THOSE OF NATIONAL MARITIME MUSEUM OF GREENWICH (LONDON.

Ah! Six years for the build sounds about right! At least a year for the layout and sculpting time alone. What an achievement. You are one heck of a talented artist indeed!
I just went back and looked again. Your sculpting talents and patience are nothing less than daunting and humbling. your work gives the original masters a run for the money. It is no less impressive in comparison.

Last edited:
哇!您肯定是位才华横溢的艺术家,制作了如此精美的艺术品!

Wow! You must be a talented artist making such a beautiful piece of art!

Last edited by a moderator:
Back