San Juan Galleon XVIs - Artesiana Latina by Fish&Chip

Hi,
This is a port over from another Forum where I post my log.

This is my first build that I want to humbly present to you. My English is not so good, but I am able to understand all your comments. I will post a series of pictures of my work in progress. The ship has been tint with Saman waterbased tint and watersoluble varnish (Saman too) was used for protection and for clear coat. I tinted over varnish in multiple layers given more depth and opaque tints. I used CA glue (Bob Smith) and yellow wood glue (Lepage).

I Badly had the idea to begin my project before read enough ! So, I had to corrected some mistakes from the beginning. So let me begin my my small workplace in my basement house.

I purchased some small tools (yeah, it is suppose to take only few basic tools… this is hat I tell to my wife. I had to sell my gaming computer for that - flight simulation stuff) :
Dremel (micro and 3000 version)
Proxxon scroll saw
Proxxon micro coupound table
Proxxon mini lathe (the kit miss some dowel, to be confirmed later)
Proxxon bench vise
Gütermann polyester thread of various size and color
Hallo @Fish&Chip ,
we wish you all the BEST and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY
Birthday-Cake

And now for the tools and mods.

First, the RP TOOLZ - Photo Etch Tool. Purchased on E**y.ca at the modellbaudepot store. Seem's cool stuff, but one disapointment : a pin spot of rust on the right side of the third screw from de left.
20200918_200937.jpg

And the tools purchased at the Cornwall Model Boats UK. Amati waterline line marker and the Amati planking tool

20200918_201228.jpg20200918_201245.jpg

And last, my electric tools and mods on my homemade working table design to allow extension to used the rope walk machine from Syren.

20200918_201358.jpg20200918_201408.jpg20200918_201423.jpg20200918_201427.jpg

a nice workshop with enough space - a very good place for building your projects :cool:

Back