San Juan Nepomuceno. 74c ship of the line 1766 [COMPLETED BUILD]

Nepo_Jul_37.jpg
That is a good looking ship, Jaime!
Nice work.
Eric

Hola Jaime desde Malaga. No tienes de vergonzarte porque lo que has hecho de este Modelo- que hizo hace ya 20 años - es extraordinario. No hay mas que decir. un 12 sobre 10. el cape ex marinero y ya casi ex modelista después de 40 años.

google translation:
Hi Jaime from Malaga. You are not ashamed because what you have done about this Model - which you did 20 years ago - is extraordinary. There is no more to say. a 12 out of 10. cape former sailor and almost former modeler after 40 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am thinking on doing furled sails on a model that I am working on. After hours of reading and looking, yours is done very well......The question I have (never having done furled sails b4) it seems alot of the running rigging has been omitted (left off) due to the fact that the sails are not in use at the moment.? Am I correct in this thought? thank you

I am thinking on doing furled sails on a model that I am working on. After hours of reading and looking, yours is done very well......The question I have (never having done furled sails b4) it seems alot of the running rigging has been omitted (left off) due to the fact that the sails are not in use at the moment.? Am I correct in this thought? thank you
YES

Hi Ken, sorry for the delay.
Yes, many rigging lines involved in the manoeuvres of the sails are missing due to they are not in use when the sails are furled.

Greetings
Jaime

Last edited:
Hi Ken, sorry for the delay.
Yes, many rigging lines involved in the manoeuvres of the sails are missing due to they are not in use when the sails are furled.

Greetings
Jaime
Thank you. It seems there are as many opinions on this as there are models. I will just have to take my time and make the final decision when I get there.. I am a building a Mamaoli Victory and some what disappointed with the whole thing. Missing parts, missing rigging string.... directions ho hum....quality of wood dry and brittle. quality of part (what there is) is terrible. the sails I got I ordered... only got 11, not nearly enough So, that is why they will be furled (if used at all) is that they will be cut down to fill stays, and foresails etc. Thank you

As El Capi just said yes -- many ropes are left off. Think about needing almost 50% more line including added pin locations.
Sorry for my short answer a week or two ago, but an accident happened. I agree with you, that it is about 40-50% less.
I Will add today two Images. 1: The foremast with all its square sales and running Riggen. One side from the front, the other from the Back
2Nd. is only the Running Riggen which main RUNNING RIGGEN SQUARSAILS.jpgSHIP 4 - Copy.jpgthe Yards. Yard lifts (center and each end of the yards), yard braces, Gaff lift, Boom lift, and Boombrace.
Sails running Riggen involve: Sheet lines; leech line; Bunt lines; Clew lines; Reef Tackle;

Back