Santa Maria 1492 - Artesania Latina - scale 1:65 [COMPLETED BUILD]

@Uwek, this build is completed. :)
Good evening Peter. This build came up again and it gave me a chance to refresh myself with it. Your build style (if I can call it that) is classic. Your work (and I have notice this with your Xebec as well) is working with a wood finish from beginning to end. Few modellers can pull this off….you do with aplomb. Stunning. Cheers Grant

Good evening Peter. This build came up again and it gave me a chance to refresh myself with it. Your build style (if I can call it that) is classic. Your work (and I have notice this with your Xebec as well) is working with a wood finish from beginning to end. Few modellers can pull this off….you do with aplomb. Stunning. Cheers Grant
Probably the reason the build came up again is I finally discovered it and fell in love with it and got completely absorbed in it.

Probably the reason the build came up again is I finally discovered it and fell in love with it and got completely absorbed in it.
Thanks you guys. This build was done in a couple of months during a time when my family and I were living in a temporary small house with absolutely no space at all. 50 square meters in total to be exact. I had no tools what so ever. A few files, sandpaper a hammer and some tweezers. It was fun to build this kit with the tools and spare time I had…and did the best I could. it’s here where I started to work from the kitchen table. Every evening a spare hour was spend on building and then cleaning afterwards because we needed the table next morning to have breakfast from. Fun times! :)

The last chapter - Set sail - Finished - part 2

View attachment 263058View attachment 263059View attachment 263060View attachment 263061View attachment 263062View attachment 263063View attachment 263064View attachment 263065View attachment 263066View attachment 263067View attachment 263068View attachment 263069View attachment 263070View attachment 263071View attachment 263072View attachment 263073View attachment 263074View attachment 263075

I placed the SM at my parents house and this is it's final place.

- The End -

When I started with the build of this model, I had a specific goal in mind. I needed to finish this model within 8 months, it must be within budget (150USD) and I must enjoy the creative process. I did all that so my mission is a success!
During this build I've learned many things and I've enjoyed the building process very much, but I'm truly blessed with all the friends whom I met during this build. In particular I want to thank you guys, for all the nice comments, replies, questions and likes. You made me feel special!
I really hope you guys and also girls liked my log and maybe helped you in a way for your own model! Sharing knowledge is what it's all about I guess!

My next project will start soon, stay tuned and we will meet again!

Until now, Bon Voyage Christopher Columbus!

download%2B%25282%2529.jpg

See ya later!
Peter

Back